MAX Show Pickup

Lost Skeleton

Though I had no business going, I motored to Monroeville last Friday and spent a few hours at the MAX. There was a reasonable amount of quality "Imperialana" on display, but the prices were anything but.

I thought long and hard before committing to the following. Mark (zipperheads9) will certainly recognize it from the Etobicoke show.

http://www.pickelhaubes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3195

The dealer was a decidedly peculiar individual, about whom Tony later clued me in, but the appeal of the K'helm transcended the goofy, perhaps larcenous, nature of the "Museum Director" seller.

It's taking a bit of risk when any M15 does not have a distinct regimental stamp and is represented as artillery rather than infantry. However, when all the components are original, the hardware displays paint of reasonably consistent color, and the Überzug fits like a glove, the signs are more promising.

All I had to do to make it correct was switch the Kokarden to the appropriate Knopf 91.

The fruit of my moment of weakness:

P1010290.jpg

P1010292.jpg

P1010294.jpg

P1010297.jpg

When I evaluate any issued Überzug, I like to see multicolored thread in the cotton tape attaching the spike/kugel cover to the helmet cover.

P1010298.jpg

Chas.

Great find, I see no issues, I think you made a wise choice!

When you get bored with it, you know who to call :D

James

Congrats Chas a very nice piece. You are correct in your assumptions about the seller. I have known him for years and we have done a few deals. Brian

Back