New reference book

joerookery said:
I don't think this is possible. Randy said so in his book and I agree with him completely. It is a matter of standing inside or outside the fire. Who cares if you make a mistake? Professionally we used to call those guys hyenas in the wood line. Long ago there used to be a faction like that on this website. Doesn't happen anymore. Now when I say something that is absolutely off the planet people very gently coax me back between the navigational beacons. I would bet there are still people who hold back for fear of someone ripping them up. Who cares. People know what kind of a person you are and collecting stuff does not define you. These stories of the old guys are fascinating. Someday maybe someone will say something nice about us.

If you try to find every piece of information, every tidbit, every fact, etc. you never publish. I sometimes regret I was so quick to publish my sun helmet book, but I launched a website and so much information has come out since. One day I'll return to the topic.

New information is always going to turn up, so trying to find everything means you'll never publish and then everything you learned will be lost when you succumb to time!

joerookery said:
at difference with other collectors who often only showed disdain and contempt for beginners (fortunately it does not go like this on this forum).

Thanks to guys like you! There are many generous people on this forum. :bravo:

Thank you for the collective compliment Joe!

Back