Strange things

The news from Admin regarding this site.

Moderator: b.loree

aicusv
Exceptional Contributor
Exceptional Contributor

Strange things

Post by aicusv » Tue May 22, 2018 1:13 pm

Today I've come across two issues with the site.

1. I noticed that the spelling of the title of a posting was different between the original post and some of the responses. :scratch:

2. When I went to post an image I wasn't able. I was able select "Attachments" and then use the "add" button to select the image, but there was nothing that would actually up load the image. The button that selects were in the post the image is placed.

Not sure where the error is happening, my end or the server. I can't find anything wrong with my equipment (I do have an IT background). I've been able to post images in the past. Using the site's direct posting method, today I had to go back to the off site linking method.
fezzes frigidus es

911car
Special Ranks Member
Special Ranks Member

Re: Strange things

Post by 911car » Tue May 22, 2018 1:39 pm

aicusv wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 1:13 pm
Today I've come across two issues with the site.

1. I noticed that the spelling of the title of a posting was different between the original post and some of the responses. :scratch:

2. When I went to post an image I wasn't able. I was able select "Attachments" and then use the "add" button to select the image, but there was nothing that would actually up load the image. The button that selects were in the post the image is placed.

Not sure where the error is happening, my end or the server. I can't find anything wrong with my equipment (I do have an IT background). I've been able to post images in the past. Using the site's direct posting method, today I had to go back to the off site linking method.
#1 is not an issue: Jonas made a new post about a "schubbekette". I replied that the correct spelling was "Schuppenkette", then he - or someone else - corrected his post.

kaiser
Exceptional Contributor
Exceptional Contributor

Post by kaiser » Tue May 22, 2018 2:59 pm

It was me who corrected it
My mistake
I was at work when i noticed that there was a reply to my post with the correct word so i changed it right away
Aicusv dont worry you 're not loosing it..... not yet anyway🤣🤣

aicusv
Exceptional Contributor
Exceptional Contributor

Post by aicusv » Tue May 22, 2018 3:56 pm

Glad to hear this, thought I would have to stop drinking in the mornings.
fezzes frigidus es

b.loree
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by b.loree » Tue May 22, 2018 3:57 pm

I share the number 2 experience. I tried to upload pics recently, using the forum but got a yellow triangle symbol and no button to click on in order to get them into my post. I will contact tech support. "Work"....?? I vaguely remember such a word but after 4 years of glorious retirement it seems to be fading from my memory! :D
Remember, Pillage first THEN Burn ...

Sandmann
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Sandmann » Wed May 23, 2018 1:33 am

b.loree wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 3:57 pm
I share the number 2 experience. I tried to upload pics recently, using the forum but got a yellow triangle symbol and no button to click on in order to get them into my post. I will contact tech support. "Work"....?? I vaguely remember such a word but after 4 years of glorious retirement it seems to be fading from my memory! :D
Had the same issue with pics. I couldn‘t place an attachment too.
Best wishes, Sandy

b.loree
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by b.loree » Sun May 27, 2018 4:33 pm

Talked to Logan who talked to Joel our tech support. Problem has been solved.
Remember, Pillage first THEN Burn ...