2-Place Medal Bars for Junior Officers with the EK2 Equivalent for German States

Medals, badges, awards and related items.

Moderator: Gustaf

ww1czechlegion
Exceptional Contributor
Exceptional Contributor

2-Place Medal Bars for Junior Officers with the EK2 Equivalent for German States

Post by ww1czechlegion » Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:17 am

Hello,

I wanted to show my continued progress towards completing a goal of having 2-place medal bars for Junior Officers with the equivalent of the EK2 for the various Imperial German States. I've been working on this set for the past 2-3 years, giving up chances on acquiring more Pickelhaubes than I have in order to try and complete this collection. Most of these are far cheaper to collect than their pickelhaube equivalents, and easier to find than many of the smaller states/principalities haube. :wink:

Some of these are very, very difficult to find in 2-place medal bars (some of the principalities, etc., and the fact that many Junior Officers won more than just 2-medals: the Iron cross 2nd Class and their own state award for a medal bar mount). It's far more common to find these medal bars in 3-place configuration with the Hindenburg Cross of course.

Never say never, but I'm not holding my breath to find a Schwarzburg-Rudoldstadt /Schwarzburg-Sonderhausen or a Waldeck 2-place medal bar with the EK2 on it, simply in a 2-place medal bar configuation. Most likely I'll have to settle for multi-piece medal bars for these two tiny entities.

I took liberties in breaking my 2-place medal bar rule with the Hohenzollern medal bar and the Schaumburg-Lippe medal bar in that neither of them are in 2-place configuration. Again, both these entities are probably nearly impossible to find in a lifetime of searching, in the 2-place configuration.

Best Regards,

Alan
101_1536.JPG
101_1538.JPG
101_1539.JPG
101_1540.JPG
101_1541.JPG

J.LeBrasseur

Re: 2-Place Medal Bars for Junior Officers with the EK2 Equivalent for German States

Post by J.LeBrasseur » Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:13 am

very nice Alan!

James
J.LeBrasseur

Sandmann
Contributor
Contributor

Re: 2-Place Medal Bars for Junior Officers with the EK2 Equivalent for German States

Post by Sandmann » Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:36 pm

Indeed, a nice collection for 3 years :bravo:
Best wishes, Sandy

dick roback

Post by dick roback » Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:49 pm

I saw this display at the St. Paul show, just a fantastic display of 2-piece medal bars!! Nice job Alan. Cheers Dick

kaiser
Exceptional Contributor
Exceptional Contributor

Post by kaiser » Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:12 pm

Those are al very very nice pieces great display by the way

Jonas

b.loree
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by b.loree » Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:45 pm

Very,very cool Alan, a beautiful display and collection! Congratulations. :thumb up:
Remember, Pillage first THEN Burn ...

badener
Exceptional Contributor
Exceptional Contributor

Post by badener » Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:19 pm

I love this display Alan. I know how frustrating it can be to find just the right award.
It must be a Bavarian. They always smell the worst!

SkipperJohn
Exceptional Contributor
Exceptional Contributor

Post by SkipperJohn » Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:21 am

Gorgeous collection.

John :bravo: :bravo: :bravo:

KAGGR#1
Exceptional Contributor
Exceptional Contributor

Post by KAGGR#1 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:18 pm

I really like your collection and the way that
you have the display laid out
Very nice .
How did you get the idea ? Started with a couple , then wanted to do them all ?
Steve McFarland

pickelhauben
Exceptional Contributor
Exceptional Contributor

Post by pickelhauben » Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:32 am

I agree with the others.

Very nice indeed !