1. Garde Regiment Zu Fuss Grenadier NCO

JohnM

Hello All,

Changing the pace a little from cavalry groupings may I present my GzF NCO grouping with the Coffee Filter mitre. (The troops joked that the mitre resembled an upside down coffee filter.)

I was pleasantly surprised to find out that this very nice waffenrock once belonged to Steve's (Kaggr#1) collection.

Enjoy!

John

IMG_20210807_110745689 by John M, on Flickr

IMG_20210807_110641798 by John M, on Flickr

IMG_20210807_110659204 by John M, on Flickr

John ;
Very nice display
Thanks for the post and the photos .
Good to see my former Waffenrock in it's new home .
Steve

Very impressive John. That looks marvelous.

I think (?) I might have seen this Waffenrock when I was kindly invited to visit KAGGR#1 in 2008 and was blown away. By everything, but I think I remember this Waffenrock.

As a result of that great visit, for several years this was my dream Mannequin and I put in good effort to find one, but could not for a decent Mitre (silver M91 chinscales always missing) or a quality 1GRzF Waffenrock. That is a wonderful example you have, especially in that condition and quality, and having Unteroffizier Tresse; it just not get better than that. At any rate, I couldn't quite find what I wanted so that faded away. You have found it though. That looks great.

Nice work.

John ;
By the way I have another 1 Garde Regt zu Fuss Waffenrock .Not sure if you need another one or not
unless you have a Fusilier Batl Miter with the yellow bag to display with it ?
Steve

Back