1 Garde Regt. zu Fuss and Garde du Corp

Steve,

presumably taken in early 1912 just following the introduction of the gorget to the cuirass of the Regiment Garde du Corps. Interestingly only the Kaiser and General der Kavallerie Moritz Freiherr von Bissing seem to have equipped themselves with new model.

Oberst Friedrich von Friedeburg commanding 1. GRzF is at centre with his second-in-command Oberstleutnant Max von Hake to his left. Thilo Freiherr von Rothkirch und Trach, commanding the Regiment Garde du Corps is immediately behind the Kaiser's right shoulder (note the Flügeladjutant aiguillette). Major Reinhard Ludwig Prinz zu Solms-Hohensolms-Lich on the staff of RGdC is between the Kaiser and General von Bissing. Taken at the Potsdam garrison church.

Regards
Glenn

Does anyone have color photos on a cuirass with an order attached, Black Eagle, Red Eagle,etc.?

Steve,

presumably taken in early 1912 just following the introduction of the gorget to the cuirass of the Regiment Garde du Corps. Interestingly only the Kaiser and General der Kavallerie Moritz Freiherr von Bissing seem to have equipped themselves with new model.

Oberst Friedrich von Friedeburg commanding 1. GRzF is at centre with his second-in-command Oberstleutnant Max von Hake to his left. Thilo Freiherr von Rothkirch und Trach, commanding the Regiment Garde du Corps is immediately behind the Kaiser's right shoulder (note the Flügeladjutant aiguillette). Major Reinhard Ludwig Prinz zu Solms-Hohensolms-Lich on the staff of RGdC is between the Kaiser and General von Bissing. Taken at the Potsdam garrison church.

Regards
Glenn
Hello Glenn
Thanks for the excellent report
I will add that info to my photo
Steve

Does anyone have color photos on a cuirass with an order attached, Black Eagle, Red Eagle,etc.?
Charles
I will have to look over my books showing advanced collections in Europe
to see if there is a color photo that you want to see
Steve

Reactions: ccj
Those are amazing. its hard to imagine how wonderful it may have been to witness a formal occasion with these people full dress.

Back