I have only seen 1 other Camo with the red cross on it . The helmet was listed on ebay 2 years ago .It had the red cross on top with a white square ,instead of a roundel.
Something different .The Camo looks good
Mark G.

Hi

Why would you paint yourself your helmet with camouflage if afterwards you add a necesseraly visible red cross, which has to be seen by everybody (Geneva and La Haye conventions)? Just fashion?
Just a smart nurse?

Eric

Otto,

It's hard to tell originality from a photo, but I am sure you are aware that these are easily faked. I guess the most important thing is the age of the paint job. That can only be determined by a first-hand inspection.

Chip

As a Nedic getting shot at because of lack of enemy recognition would prompt a painting the red crosses.
just a thought . They only eore one brassard on the left arm and it is only 4" wide. note that these crosses became more predominant as the war moved on. Again my 2 cents
Mark.G.

I would be interested to read about how a person fakes one of these camo/red cross stahlhelmes. Not that I would ever do this but I would like to know what to look for if people are now faking these as well. I have 2 camo halmets in the collection. One of these was taken by a CEF Sapper when our troops crossed the Canal du Nord. It has very nice entry and exit bullet holes at the rear of the shell...just enough to blow the back of your skull off!! I will try to post some pics this week end. Brian

Tese were not officialy approved . Brian can I se the pics of the Stehlhelms with the res cross's. I am going to be working on a Sanitisier Impresion .
Mark

Back