13th Uhlan Regiment Rittmeister

cptbob

I've had most of this up before, though there is a major new addition in the special cartridge case issued to members of this Regiment. That took several years and a couple near misses to acquire. Check one off the list. Still looking for the parade-rabatten for the Ulanka and Tschapka. The thrill of the hunt! Enjoy!
IMG_0025.JPG
IMG_0028.JPG
IMG_0030.JPG
IMG_0031.JPG
IMG_0032.JPG

Congratulations on bagging that!!!

It looks like it's in mint condition and makes your display look fantastic! What a beautiful ensemble!

John

Thank you gentlemen! Yes John, it is in very good condition. I'm a little leery about messing it up. I think that will be going behind glass. :)

Excellent .vey hard to find . I just got an officer's cartouche box for 1 L K R 1 .All of these are hard to find .
Does anyone know of an enlisted cartouche box for 1 L K R 1 ? I am looking for one
Thanks for the photos
Steve McFarland

Thanks Steve. I got mine from the fall Hermann Historica auction. They had a LKR officer's one in that auction (I believe it was an adjacent lot to the UR 13). Maybe they came from the same collection?

Cheers
Bob

Hello Bob ;
I sort of guessed that is where it was from . Great buy .
Yes , I ended up with the Officer 1 L K R 1 cartouche box from that same auction .
Also my KAGGR # 1 / Fusilier Batl Officers miter came from there .
You are correct all 3 items came from the same collection .A collector in Berlin
who lived to be 100 years old .
Steve McFarland

This looks like a superb Tschapka, Bob. Do you have closer shots? Or perhaps you showed some earlier...

Thanks everyone for the nice comments. I've had a couple photos of the tschapka mixed in with other things but I'm always happy to take more! Enjoy!
IMG_0121.JPG
IMG_0122.JPG
IMG_0125.JPG
IMG_0126.JPG
IMG_0128.JPG

13th Uhlan Regiment reporting for duty! I also took several photos of the enlisted tschaka's and will add a post for them shortly. The Kammerstuck KD89 is a recent acquisition. The first issued weapon I have for UR 13. The guard and handle are bent...looks like someone was doing a "Forged in Fire" strength test on it. Someone also painted the guard and parts of the handle black and gold. That will be a pain to get off but it does seem to have preserved the metal nicely. Enjoy!
IMG_0117.JPG
IMG_0118.JPG
IMG_0119.JPG

Wow, just a fantastic trio! We see single photos of these in the reference books but it is so nice to have multiple, detailed pictures posted here.

Back