1895 pattern visor and rear spine

MG34NZ

Hi All
I’m in need of a visor with brass trim and a rear spine in brass to fit a size 55 Pickelhaube. If anyone can help please advise.
I have a pioneer helmet rear spine which I brought as a brass one. It was lacquered and the pictures made it look like brass. The tab the fits under the spike base is broken. If it’s of any use please let me know.
I would really appreciate your help to bring a helmet back to life.

This is a very tough request to fulfill. Even if your helmet is stamped size 55, it probably has shrunk even more after 100 + years. Finding visor trim or a rear spine that fits is a total crap shoot, you could have 10 spines or visors and none will fit. You could buy 10 scrapper helmets for parts and still come up with nothing and believe me, I have done this. A wise collector told me years ago to only buy complete helmets in the best of condition. This is the reason no one has responded here.

This is a very tough request to fulfill. Even if your helmet is stamped size 55, it probably has shrunk even more after 100 + years. Finding visor trim or a rear spine that fits is a total crap shoot, you could have 10 spines or visors and none will fit. You could buy 10 scrapper helmets for parts and still come up with nothing and believe me, I have done this. A wise collector told me years ago to only buy complete helmets in the best of condition. This is the reason no one has responded here.
And that’s would be very true Brian, but this one is special (to me) hence my attempt at finding the parts to restore it
Otherwise I would not bother. It was crushed and I have reshaped the body. It’s a MG marked helmet and my passion is MG related items.
If anyone had some bits to spare I thought here would be a good place to find them

Some pictures might help here Kiwi, plus some approximate measurements with a cloth tape measure.

Here are some images of the forlorn Pickelhaube, this was literally squashed flat, almost resembling the shape of a football. It has reshaped nicely and where the dry leather was torn I have reinforced it with leather glued to the interior.
Yes it is in bad shape, there are images of the markings which are what makes the helmet worth preserving ( for me anyway).
178325B7-B515-40C6-B075-994BB854418D.jpegCBBA9360-F7FB-41DF-B4E7-B00BAC12BE34.jpegA6B8D52A-A329-47A1-A70C-A7032B51E856.jpeg64D12303-2357-42FB-991B-EDCDCA450507.jpegF5F46CFB-41C7-4E5D-9F53-CA025B7C14FA.jpeg

Back