1st of Hannover Dragoner Regiment #9

Thank you Francis.
Just the regular M95 posts and enlisted type prussian/Reich cockades; nothing special...

I was always under the impression that a Fahnenjunker in a dragoon regiment was called a Coranet. This proves otherwise. Perhaps it changed when the language changed? French influence to German influence?

joerookery said:
I was always under the impression that a Fahnenjunker in a dragoon regiment was called a Coranet. This proves otherwise. Perhaps it changed when the language changed? French influence to German influence?

This only applied to muslims, Joe...

nice helmet aspecially with the extra bandeau
the name.tag in it is a nice extra as well to all the markings
now you can dig into it to find out its total history to this man
=D>

jonas

That is an incredibly beautiful and rare helmet Bruno, congratulations! :bravo:

The markings are fantastic, and the original owner's label inside is the icing on the cake! =D>

Thanks for sharing photos of it with us! :thumb up:

Best Regards,

Alan

A very rare helmet .
I M O a marked enlisted Dragoon helmet
is harder to find than an officers form the same
regiment. In my collecting of 45 years
I have seen very few marked e m dragoon helmets .
Yours is to a rare regiment .
I have the officers D R 9 but no e m
Steve

We can pretty much date this helmet exactly. Fahnenjunker-Unteroffizier Weichert of Dragoner-Regiment Nr. 9 was promoted to Fähnrich on 22 March 1914 and commissioned as a Leutnant (without Patent) on 10 August 1914. He subsequently received seniority from 20 November 1912 (20.11.12 K). He survived the war and retired as an Oberleutnant a.D.

Regards
Glenn

Joe,

I will need to do a bit of checking but I think you will find that the rank of Cornet disappeared from the Prussian Army following the disasters of 1806 and the subsequent reorganisation of the army. The rank of Cornet was the equivalent Cürassier and Husaren rank of that of Fähnrich, which at the time was the lowest commissioned rank.

Regards
Glenn

Joe,

as an addition. The Order of 6 August 1808 concerning officer recruitment introduced the rank of Portrpee-Fähnrich as a senior officer aspirant and the previous (commissioned ranks of Fähnrich and Cornett were discontinued. Here is a page from the 1806 Prussian Army Rangliste showing the junior commissioned officers of Regiment Usedom Husaren Nr. 10. The Dragoons used the rank of Fähnrich.

Regards
Glenn

cornet.jpg

Back