2. Badisches Dragoner-Regt. Nr. 21 Grouping

dave mosher

Wie gehts:

Here is a M-1910 officer's waffenrock, feldmutze, feldbinde and pickelhaube for a rittmeister of DR 21, part of the XIV AK and garrisoned in Bruchsal-Schwetzingen that I finnally was able to complete. The piping color is zitronengelb (lemon yellow). A few things to notice for dragoon waffenrocks are the piped standing collar, swedish cuffs and piping along the bottom seam of the tunic. The helmet is vulcanfiber with a Depaheg Patent marking on the sweatband. Although the tunic was used prior to the 1915 uniform regulations which added the second piping (kornblumen blau), there were loops for an additional award below the EK1 and I put a wound badge there (wasn't authorized until early 1918). Hope you have any interest in it.

Dave

Thanks all for your comments. Joe, the helmet was obtained as part of a trade deal. Here is a better shot of the helmet.

Dave

Let me see........ where is that little puke icon.........

Found it! :puke:

Good GAWD is that a nice set. Photos of the Schirmmütze please.

:-? :-? I could trade some stuff. I have an old envelope around here that is in very very nice, and an empty can of diet Dr. Pepper -- could be worth a fortune someday. If need be I could send you my address. Please send the helmet 8) ... to make a wish for Joey...

It looks fiber -- nice.

Awesome! Fantastic grouping!

I will be back later after I clean the drool off the keyboard.

John

Back