2 More reference books.

coert65

I just bought these 2 books, they are reprints of the originals. But old, printed in 1988. The originals were printed before ww1.
I liked them so much, I just could not resist them.

Happy Easter guy's!

Regards, Coert.

I just bought these 2 books, they are reprints of the originals. But old, printed in 1988. The originals were printed before ww1.

Happy Easter guy's!

Regards, Coert.
Very nice .Steve

This is an *excellent* set of books - IMO one of the most useful reference works on Imperial German uniforms. Great find!

~Jeff

Thanks Jeff! I saw many pictures, which came from these books pictured, in several sites. Including here, but now I have found and bought the source were they came from.
I can't wait for them to arrive here!

Regards, Coert.

Very nice books. I use them often for a research, together with the „Friedag - Führer durch Herr und Flotte (1914)“. But I have older versions (without the latest changes in the army) that were digital available.

Last edited:
I'm sorry, Coert, I really don't want to annoy you or diminish your anticipation. Books like these are always nice to look at on the shelf and I also like paper books to flip through. However, I noticed that my digital version is probably though from 1913 or 1914, because the railway regiments already have gray shoulder straps and if I'm correct they were changed in 1913.
Therefore, the link for the digital version may also be of interest for you and others:
Die Uniformen der Deutschen Armee I. (1914?)
Die Uniformen der Deutschen Armee II. (1899)

Last edited:
I'm sorry, Coert, I really don't want to annoy you or diminish your anticipation. Books like these are always nice to look at on the shelf and I also like paper books to flip through. However, I noticed that my digital version is probably though from 1913 or 1914, because the railway regiments already have gray shoulder straps and if I'm correct they were changed in 1913.
Therefore, the link for the digital version may also be of interest for you and others:
Die Uniformen der Deutschen Armee I. (1914?)
Die Uniformen der Deutschen Armee II. (1899)
Don't worry Sandy, I knew what I was buying. But I liked it, even though it is only the earlier dunkelblau uniforms. As I do not know much about them, I had to have them. So I can learn more about those.
I will print the works that @KIR145 and you posted too though! Just have to change my cartridges of my printer before I do so.
Thanks for posting those links gentlemen!

Regards, Coert. :)

Thank you Coert. But I have made a mistake. I thought the railway reg. changed their uniforms in 1913, but it was 1911. So the 1st book is from 1912 or later.

Happy Easter guy's!

Regards, Coert.
Fine set of books!

Back