2 of mine from the SOS

J.LeBrasseur

Administrator
Staff member
We found this one right away on delaer set up day! Very nice Bavarian Artiallry helmet with fluted removable spike, well marked inside 8 FAR 1908. The detail on the plate is awesome!

chav1.jpg

chav2.jpg

chav4.jpg

chav5.jpg

Next one is a Nice Berlin Police Officers helmet with rare Bandeau for service on the front!

berlin%20police%202.jpg

berlin%20police%201.jpg

berlin%20police%203.jpg

Yowzers. Beautiful helmets, especially the Bayern FAR. it is very hard to find a nice Bayern M1896 like that with the eraly pre 1914 Groß Wappen. James, what is the first word on the Bandeau on the Polizei Helm?

Wow, James. Great looking helmets. I saw when you brought back the police helm. But that Bavarian is fantastic, esp with the unit stamp.

I'm going to get there on Thursday next year.

It was fun getting to meet you guys. Thanks for your hospitality at the table!

David

I am posting this for Sven:

"1848 - In Treue fest - 1898"

A "Auszeichnungsband" honor motto (?) for the Schutzmannschaft Berlin (Schutzpolizei), the first modern organised police force in Germany.
Founded after the Berlin Revolution in 1848 per AKO.
1 Oberst/colonel
4 Hauptleute (pl. as well as Hauptmänner, Hauptmann (s.)/captains
200 Wachtmeister/sergeants
1800 Schutzmänner/privates
(inclusive 40 mounted)

Parts of their first civilian looking uniform were styled by the king himself

Sven.

Nice haubes James ,Diffrent ftom normal . Also nice ino on the police Force Sven and to Picklemax for poating it.
zippey :)

Very nice and interesting helmets. All my congratulations and especially for the police one of course that is surely very scarce and rare.

Maxime

Hi

Your Berlin Police helmet with this particular Bandeau is especially difficult to find. I knew it, but I have never seen it.

Outstanding condition,

Congratulations

Eric

James I had no idea that such a helmet even existed. Odd that a Berlin police helme should have a typical Bavarian motto on it. Well done!! Brian

Back