3rd Bavarian Chevauleger named sword 1906-1909

ww1czechlegion

Here's a very nice named Bavarian Chevauleger Sword that I picked up a couple of years ago with several pickelhaubes from a small old collection. The Saxon Garde Reiter and the Leibgendarmerie helmets were old copies/reproductions. I ended up keeping the sword and the 1st/3rd Guard Ulan Tschapka, which Brian re-stitched the front visor for me.

W.K.C. is the maker.

The scabbard is blued or "annodized" and not painted as we usually see.

Sorry that the photos are not very good, as they are dark.

Sword is named to an Oskar Hamburger of the 1st Escadron, 3rd Chevauleger "Herzog Carl Theodor". 1906-1909. The blued panels are in excellent condition.

Best Regards,

Alan

101_2468.JPG

101_2469.JPG

101_2470.JPG

101_2471.JPG

101_2472.JPG

101_2473.JPG

Alan,

Oskar Hamburger (born 11 April 1885 at Burgsinn) served with 3. Chevaulegers-Regiment from 5 October 1906 to 22 September 1909 when he was transferred to the reserve as a Gefreiter. He was promoted to Unteroffizier der Reserve on 10 October 1911 and served during the war as an Unteroffizier der Landwehr with train formations including the bayer. Feld-Lazarett Nr. 33 (field hospital) and the bayer. Etappen-Pferde-Depot Nr. 5 (Lines of communication remount depot).

Regards
Glenn

Many thanks Glenn, for this excellent information! It's super nice of you to provide it, and I appreciate it greatly!

And many thanks Dick for your nice comment, I appreciate it!

Best Wishes,

Alan

Do you still have all of the helmets ???
Steve

Hi Steve,

I kept only the sword and the 1st/3rd Guard Ulan Tschapka, which Brian re-stitched the front visor for me. I sold all the other helmets.

The Saxon Garde Reiter and the Leibgendarmerie helmets were old copies/reproductions with spurious G H Osang and C E Junker maker marks in them, respectively.

Best Wishes,

Alan

Back