6th KR Repost.

poniatowski

Hi All,
I posted this on the 'Latest Find' thread, but want to repost it here. This is my 6th KR helmet, an enlisted private purchase that I HAD to have when I saw it. The soldier ordered this just as I would have with a taller spike, etc. The liner is replaced and its missing the lining on the cape, but I really don't care.

Also, Joe sent a GREAT wedding photo of a man wearing a very similar helmet and I'm currently messing with Photoshop and Illustrator to see how closely it matches up, but getting the angle just right is difficult. However, so far, the match is astonishingly close (not that there's any proof that this would be this particular Kuerassier's helmet.

:D Ron

What a beautyl!!! A 6th KR is on the top of my searchlist.

I think i've seen only 2 for sale in the past 10 years, unfortunately both had issues.

Pickelhaube said:
What a beautyl!!! A 6th KR is on the top of my searchlist.

I think i've seen only 2 for sale in the past 10 years, unfortunately both had issues.

Thanks! I first saw one of these when I was in third grade or so and fell in love with the 6th KR type. When I started searching seriously, it took about ten or so years to find one that I liked. This one, with the taller spike and a super plate was one I had to have and put it in my cart right away before even working out payment with the dealer (Weitz). I believe it was on the web site for sale less than two days, since that's how often I check when I'm searching for an addition.

Hang in there, you'll find one. Check with Weitz, Herman, etc.

:D Ron

Back