7th Hussar NCO mounted

Great photo. I have a 1910 DWM Luger that is unit marked to the 3rd Squadron of the 7th Hussars, 3rd weapon (7.H.3.3.).

Hi Neil,
Its pretty easy. You can just click the "Insert Image" icon at the top. Then click in the "Drop image (or click here)" box to get a file browser. That should place it right into the message.
post_photo.jpg

Nice clear stamps and the Luger appears to be in top-notch shape! Thanks for sharing that Neil!! I've been thinking about picking one up but haven't seen one with good unit stamps yet.

Thank you Bob. Cavalry marked lugers are not easy to find, but they occasionally pop up. If you find one, and really want it, don't hesitate. I have purchased two in the last month and I am trying to quit.

Bob, are you interested in just cavalry unit marked lugers, any unit marked Lugers or specific units? As you most likely already know, to have a Luger shipped directly to you, you need to have a Federal Curio and Relic firearms license. Otherwise, the pistol would have to be shipped to a firearms dealer with which you have made arrangements. If you let me know what your interests are, I can be on the lookout for you. You might want to use a private message or e:mail to do that if you are interested.

If spot one that you're not going to go after give me a shout. Where do you find them? At local gun stores? The show circuit is not back in gear up this way yet. I've got a local store I've had rifles sent to so that's no problem.

I am a member of two Luger forums Bob. There are sporadic offerings there. I also have some good Luger contacts. I will keep an eye out. In the meantime, you might explore joining the Luger forums. The two forums mentioned can be found at lugerforum.com and the other at luger.gunboards.com.

Last edited:
Judging by the wear of the “Hindenburg Cross”, this photograph was taken in the mid thirties.

Regards
Glenn

Back