95th Infantry Regiment Model 1895 Enlisted Frontplate Wanted

ww1czechlegion

Hello,

I'm probably asking for the impossible. Looking for a Saxe-Coburg-Gotha enlisted pre-war frontplate. I need the enlisted style Prussian "Fuerst" eagle and the Saxe-Coburg-Gotha wappen that goes on the eagle.

I promise to be very generous $$$ to anyone who has one they might consider selling.

It would be going on an issue marked 95th Reg't helmet.

Thanks for your consideration.

Alan

Try this guy:

https://www.antik-buchwald.de/

His name is Norbert and I have dealt with him before.
Check everything out before purchasing. He is good at sending whatever photos you want.
He specializes in the Duchy of Saxony, Coburg, and Gotha.

John :)

ww1czechlegion said:
I'm probably asking for the impossible.

Probably Alan. But you have to keep looking. I am pushing 30 years of trying to find an issued one that someone has not put on a plain helmet to "upgrade" it.

If you want a laugh, have a look at my Wappen want list.

http://www.kaisersbunker.com/wantlist_wappens.htm

Hilarious I know. But I do not expect to find them all. Not a chance :shaking:

If I find two IR95 Wappen and a unicorn I'll let you know.

I am in the same boat....I need a JR 93 Anhalt wappen for an M95 helme I have marked to this Regt, 8 B. It would probably be more practical to save up the bucks$ and just buy an original helmet. Also, the helme came with a Prussian wappen on it and as we know from period fotos this is totally legitimate.

b.loree said:
//
I am in the same boat....I need a JR 93 Anhalt wappen //

If I find two IR93 and two IR95 issued Wappen and a unicorn I'll let you both know.
I don't really need a unicorn, but I'll bet they are delicious! :drunken:

Pardon me for my ignorance. I still cannot figure out what's the difference between the helmet plate of R94 and R95.

Regards
Amy Bellars

Hi Amy,

Thanks for asking about the difference between Reg't 95 and Reg't 94 front plates.

Top photo shows Reg't 94

Bottom photo shows Reg't 94

The wreath is different between R95 and R94. Reg't 94 has viewer's left side of wreath of Laurel branch. Right side of wreath is oakleaves. Reg't 95 has Laurel leaf branch on both the right and left side of the wreath.

Best Regards,

Alan

Ok got it. Then I have a regiment 95 ctr wappan here. Let me see if I can figure out how to post pic.
Thanks Alan

Guys I have a regiment 95 ctr wappan without the furust heraldic eagle plate. My file is too big and the server doesn't allow me to upload it. Let me kno we if u are interested. My email is [email protected].

Regards

Hi Amy,

Thanks very much for your quick reply, I appreciate it!

Yes, you have a 95th Regiment Saxon Crest and the Star. Your example is a very nice looking Officer's version. I am looking for an enlisted man's version of this front plate.

It was my mistake: The 2-photos I posted from the Helmut Weitze website also show officer helmets with the officer style Saxon crests on them with cut out crowns, and cut out detail around the wreaths.

Best Regards,

Alan

Hi Alan
Sorry I don't have the enlisted man version.

I will keep a lookout for you.

Regards
Amy Bellars

Back