9th Jaeger from SOS

Carlson

Well, the gang at the SOS saw this pair . . . A 9th Jaeger Btln Tschako and a matching waffenrock. The waffenrock was displayed at the front of the hall, right as you walk in, the Tschako seemed to appear later in the day at the table of a pickelhaubes.com member--Jerry.

The Tschako itself is well marked "J.B.9 2.K" on the inside of the lid, with another unit stamp overmarked with the dates 1898 and 1913 on the rear skirt. The lid is loose, as is the visor. The eagle Wappen is attached via screws and nuts.

The waffenrock has no mothing--at all.

Thanks esp to Brian for his help on the lid. This is my first "matched set." Well, truth be told, the waffenrock is from the 3rd company, while the lid is from the 2nd. Close enough for me!

resize47ge.jpg

dsc00062ud.jpg

9jagresize6sz.jpg

dsc00094uc.jpg

That was a fantastic find and I will not soon forget your perma grin when you brought it back to the table.

Congrats. I think most of us found at least one special item.

Thanks for hanging out with us.

Paul

Hey Carlos when are you going to change your name, I think I have Margo convinced to make it Uff Da. You had a great birthday party, and the Tschako and Waffenrock are great. I do have a 24 mm tombak button, but it is a hollow back and has a dull finish, but if you can not find the correct one, I can send this one to fill the gap in the mean time (that way I find out where to bring the truck)
Gus

Gus:

Uff da? Is that a way to treat a fellow Svenska? What is this world coming to?

OK . . . I'll find a new forum name. I'm going to think it through this time.

David

Gustaf said:
I do have a 24 mm tombak button, but it is a hollow back and has a dull finish, but if you can not find the correct one, I can send this one to fill the gap in the mean time
Dave, are you missing another button? E-mail me the details and I'll dig through the box.

Tony & Kaiser said:
Gustaf said:
I do have a 24 mm tombak button, but it is a hollow back and has a dull finish, but if you can not find the correct one, I can send this one to fill the gap in the mean time
Dave, are you missing another button? E-mail me the details and I'll dig through the box.

Yes Tony, I think Dave gets bargins by looking for tunics that are missing buttons, the one I have is not correct so I can not charge him $50 for it.

Hey Dave,
Sorry about the Norsky joke, but the fact that you did not kick my butt the first time shows that you are a great guy. Personally, I can not see anything wrong with you current name.
Gus

Tony: I'm going to get a reputation as a button charity case. It's just a button for the rear skirt of the waffenrock . . . no biggie. If I can't find one soon, I'll let you know. Thanks!

Gus: Why would anyone want to kick your butt? Besides, I make it a matter of principle never to take on any guy toting bayonets and wearing a German Kraetzchen! And thanks for the birthday torte! :p

Hey Carlos, I am a whimp, you could have whooped me easy, and it was Tart that bought you the tort, Randy got the birthday treatment the next night. Looking forward to seeing what button you need next.
Gus

Excellent grouping Dave!! As we all said at the SOS very "Schnurr like" of you to score a tunic and shako to the same unit. You have learned the masters' lessons well grasshopper. Email Margo with your avatar changes. Brian

Back