A Baden IR142 M95 Pickelhaube for Christmas!

Tony without Kaiser

Departed
Staff member
This is a first. I actually got a Pickelhaube for Christmas. :santa: My wee Dr. knows my family originated in Baden, and pretty well the only helmets I'm looking for now are Baden examples. So she contacted my friend Peter Whamond of The Collectors Guild, and bought a wonderful Baden M1895 Infantry Pickelhaube and gave it to me for Christmas.

Not a rare helmet but absolutely untouched with the original fittings, nicely unit marked, and condition is wonderful.

On the rear visor it is unit marked JR142 for 7. Badisches Infanterie-Regt. Nr.142 (Mülhausen i.E., II Mühlheim i. Br.) XIV Armee Korps plus double dates of 1902 and 1909. I love it!

Now I just need to find a frosty officer example...

Baden.jpg

It would not matter what time of year it was, if someone gave me a nice, complete, original helmet, it would be Christmas. Very nice piece.

Congrats T, that is an excellent helmet and a great Christmas present! :thumb up: Joe, do we have that marking on our Regimental List ?

Excellent helmet Tony! I love the Baden kokarde.

Amusing that you now want an Officer example...I thought you were trying to thin your collection down? :D

Back