A.K.O.

Glennj

I know Joe is interested in the A.K.O.s. :D This from the 24th of January 1899 awarding Bandeau to the tradtion regiments of the fomer Hannoverian Army.

Regards
Glenn

ako.jpg

Hi Joe,

yes, I was in Münster today. I photocopied anything of interest from the 1899 AVB (uniform regulations, Kaiserpreis units, organisational and title changes etc). I will eventually go through them all :wink:

Regards
Glenn

Today I examined a copy of the 1867 Armee-Verordnungs-Blatt in the University Library at Münster.

Having gone through it twice in search of the fabled 1867 AKO introducing an NCOs' Cockade I have to report that there is absolutely no mention whatsover of an NCOs' cockade in the AKOs published that year with regards to the dress of the army.

Regards
Glenn

Glenn,

Thank you for going through this stuff! If I get off my dead rear I might be able to give you more specific dates to look for.

The 1867 AKO is talked about by Lacarde. AKO of 16March 1867. He might not have couched it properly in terms of NCO cockade but rather as to the size of the cockades.
he begins talking about 51 mm (not 48mm +1mm) cockades

Thanks to you I have a copy of AKO 22 March 1897. This does nothing to alleviate the question about size. Would it help if your search was more size oriented? I would be thankful for any tidbits.

By the way, I have a rank list question that I will send to you either today or Monday. I just haven't gotten it yet. Thanks!

Back