A little criticism is also necessary

Kaisersammler

Dear members
I'm turning to you today with an annoying topic. Should you ever be interested in the items shown. The seller then takes the trouble and sends photos, negotiates prices, organizes shipping, etc. But if you don't get back to me, I don't think it's okay. Just write a few words back. For example:
I got the price wrong.
The goods are shit.
I have to save because of the high energy costs.
My wife would rather have a diamond ring.
You can understand everything. But a short message is part of good decency.
Sorry for this criticism. But a good resolution for the new year.

Kaiser is expressing frustration about trying to sell things, going through all the preparations to sell to someone who is supposedly interested and then no further contact or communication. A whole lot of wasted effort on Kaiser’s part. So many people today are very self centred and have no care about the feelings of others.

Kaiser is expressing frustration about trying to sell things, going through all the preparations to sell to someone who is supposedly interested and then no further contact or communication. A whole lot of wasted effort on Kaiser’s part. So many people today are very self centred and have no care about the feelings of others.
True enough.

I have on multiple occasions done considerable research concerning C.E.F. units for people who are polite when requesting the information , then once they have what they asked for don't even have the courtesy to say Thanks.

This attitude has always been around, but it seems to be common these days.

If it is of any consequence I think the core membership of Pickelhaubes.com are generally exceptionally helpful, friendly and decent individuals that freely share information and advice.
As the saying goes, a little courtesy goes a long way.
I think as a matter of courtesy/etiquette a little acknowledgment of someone’s time and effort should not be neglected.
Unfortunately their will always be the exception, don’t let that wear you down. Focus on the many positives of this site, it’s members and the enjoyment of your hobby.
Best wishes for the new year
Andrew

Last edited by a moderator:
Back