A little mid-Nov Update

Tony without Kaiser

Departed
Staff member
A nice little cap I picked up at the last Hermann Historica Auktion.

Link >> http://www.kaisersbunker.com/dunkelblau/headgear/dbch29.htm

dbch29b.jpg

Beautiful Krätzchen, Tony. The Husar's sword knot could be any color in the period portrait, including yellow.

Chas.

Tony
Very nice cap! I believe this was used only for Sachsen 2. Husaren-Regt. Nr. 19, though. Husaren-Regt. Nr. 20 was created in 1910 and wore only feldgrau for the attila, hose and mutze. The cap band would be light-blue with white piping above and below the band and on the crown of the cap. A separate light-blue piping was added above the upper white piping on the band.

Dave

dave mosher said:
T I believe this was used only for Sachsen 2. Husaren-Regt. Nr. 19, though. Husaren-Regt. Nr. 20 was created in 1910 and wore only feldgrau for the attila, hose and mutze. The cap band would be light-blue with white piping above and below the band and on the crown of the cap. A separate light-blue piping was added above the upper white piping on the band.

Yea, I know Dave, when I was writing the text I was really torn as to if Husaren-Regt. Nr. 20 worn only a Feldgrau Krätchen to match the Attila, or also this verion with a parade Attila, so I went with both. But, I doubt they even had a blue parade Attila so you are probably right, only HR19. I just changed it. Done!

Back