A meeting of Allies

dave mosher

Hey All:

I thought these two photos of a meeting of germans and turks (where, I have no idea) might be of interest to you all. There are some very cool uniform details to gleen.
Dave

warpic1600x3771wn.jpg

Great photos Dave. I am sure that with a bit of luck and research you could ID the main leaders on both sides here. It is not often that we get 2 shots of the same group. The sitting down shot ID's the "big guys" as well as the pecking order within the group. The second shot is intersting as to how everyone has arranged themselves around the leaders. I wonder who the Turk with the dagger is and whether this weapon
is a symbol of his branch of service, seniority or what? Perhaps he just felt like wearing a bloody big knife that day??? I just noticed also that he and the main Turkish leader are the only ones wearing aigulettes (spelling??) shoulder cords. Brian

Joe

I know that there were Germans as advisers and attached to the Turkish General Staff, but I don't know if they totally wore turkish garb (you see them wearing fur caps with their german uniforms). I have seen a picture of Willi wearing a tukish uniform like those above.

Brian

I am zooming in on the major attendees in the hopes that you can identify one or all of them. It is interesting that one German is wearing a M-1910 waffenrock for Fus. Regt. Nr. 80!

warpic1a671x422600x3997ku.jpg

warpic2a683x421600x3892zk.jpg

Back