A new (to me ) Trench Art Shell

ebeeby

I added a Chateau Thierry shell to my collection today....
PC010001.jpg

Hard to pick it out in these photos but it is the lower left. I collect mostly "place name" shells
PC010002.jpg

I have only a few haubes. One is a fake but the rest are Randy Trawnik "approved". His office is 2 blocks from my house
PC010003.jpg

I suppose my keenest interest is war weapons

PC010004.jpg

Though when you're married to She Who Must Be Obeyed, it never hurts to have a couple of loopholes around :)

PC010008.jpg

But I also like things that I have never seen before:

PC010007.jpg

Hey Ebeey
What is your connection to the 26th, my grandfather was transfered from the 41st to the 26th as a replacement in 1918, he served in the 101 company A, I recently acquired a unit marked canteen cover with 101 over crossed rifles over A, items from his company usuall bring a much higher price than I can afford, as many people think it is marked to the 101st Airborn.
Nice collection of shell casings.
Best
Gus

Gus - No connection, I've just read about them some. The Yankee Division seems to get short shrift next to the 2nd and the 77th for some reason.

I'' keep an eye out for the 101 A.

I am worried about you jeep being out in the weather. If the weather were like that here in Dallas I would bring my airhead BMW antique into the living room

Eric

Hey Eric,
My jeeps have spent 78 years out in the snow in the winter, the biggest problem is that the seat soaks up the moisture and a warm butt tends to melt it, causing my undies to bunch up after a bit.
Best
Gus

Back