a new uhlan cover

PICKELMAX

Just the cover....

pickelmax0391lz.jpg

pickelmax0420nt.jpg

Question boys! How does one display such a fine Uberzeug, does one buy a dirt common Helm, or is that where a repro would come in handy? Just wondering.
Gus

Be carefull Dave! A truck is on the road comming to you so as to collect your "old, common and beat up" helmets.

Stop joking, your tschapka is very beautyfull and much more with its cover. Congratulations and thanks to share it with us! :)

Maxime

One step ahead of you guys! I have secretly removed my collection to "undisclosed locations" in the Midwest, which is moved every two to three days. I have substituted these items in my collection with paper machie, bubble gim and poster paint. Actually, the guard tschapka above is one of my clever reproductions and would dissolve completely if wet. Paranoid; Heck no! I just think that everyone out there is trying to get me....

Dave

Gustaf said:
Question boys! How does one display such a fine Uberzeug, does one buy a dirt common Helm, or is that where a repro would come in handy?
Gus, I am sure you know what a "dirt common" tschapka will cost. I made one out of.....get this......... cardboard and duct tape. This is different from my new method of making a fake one from bandage cast over and original, but it worked for this.

fgh22.jpg

Very nice Überzug Maxime. And Dave, that is just mean... :angry7:

Dave, Tony & Max: Great covers!! I have one also but no tschapka to display it. Perhaps, Dave could send me one of his "old beat up tschapkas" so I could display my cover???? Brian

I made one out of.....get this......... cardboard and duct tape.
Thanks Tony, I had been toying with the same idea, mind you, I have no Tschapka, or cover, I am dealing with a dirt common Pickelhaube Überzeug. My budegt does not even allow me to buy a dirt common Pickelhaube for my Úberzeug (well, I do have one, but it is the one I display with the collection) Joe was whining about not haveing any thing, but if he wants to play the "We were so poor" game, I will post the only German Spange in my collection. Dang, I've started rambleing again, I better check my meds dose.
Zaphod

Man, these tschapka covers must have been a seamstress's nightmare! I just noticed that they all have a seam down the front of them helmet. Think about all the trouble involved in covering up that mortar board top! Brian

Back