A trade a few years ago with our late friend and forum member Karel

ww1czechlegion

Here's a helmet I never got around to posting. It's been one of my favorites since I worked out a trade with our great friend and forum member Karel, "Adler 1", a few years back in time. Sadly he passed away much too young, this past July, as many of you will recall.

I had found a couple of nice ersatz bayonets out of the woodwork, and ended up trading them to Karel a few years ago, along with a little money to boot on my part for this magnificent condition helmet.

Karel had an extra Saxon Eigentum Pickelhaube for either the 100th Regiment, or a Saxon Pioneer Regiment.

As with most of the helmets in Karel's top notch, magnificent collection, it's in super squeaky clean, pristine condition.

My photos aren't the best of quality. I should have used a flash on all of them.

Enjoy!

Best Wishes,

Alan

100_1228.JPG

100_1229.JPG

100_1230.JPG

100_1231.JPG

100_1232.JPG

ww1czechlegion said:
either the 100th Regiment, or a Saxon Pioneer Regiment.

Alan: very hard to see on your picts.
If chinscales are white: LGR100
If chinscales are yellow:
PB12
or PB22
or 7 + 8C / ER2 (Eisenbahn Regiment 2) till October 1912, then after October 1912: 7 + 8C / ER1 (Eisenbahn Regiment 1)
or very small saxon detachments in the 2C/ Kraftfahr-Bataillon or in the Versuchs-Abteilung des Militär-Verkehrswesens in Berlin
or 3C /TB1 (only between 1899-1907) (Telegraphen Bataillon 1).

Philippe
:wink:

argonne said:
ww1czechlegion said:
either the 100th Regiment, or a Saxon Pioneer Regiment.

Alan: very hard to see on your picts.
If chinscales are white: LGR100
If chinscales are yellow:
PB12
or PB22
or 7 + 8C / ER2 (Eisenbahn Regiment 2) till October 1912, then after October 1912: 7 + 8C / ER1 (Eisenbahn Regiment 1)
or very small saxon detachments in the 2C/ Kraftfahr-Bataillon or in the Versuchs-Abteilung des Militär-Verkehrswesens in Berlin
or 3C /TB1 (only between 1899-1907) (Telegraphen Bataillon 1).

Philippe
:wink:

I thought we answered this question here:

https://www.pickelhaubes.com/bb/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=14035

I understood that the helmet could only be Eisenbahn if the chinscales were brass.

John :?

The chin scales are the rare flat silver version. So the helmet is indeed 100th Regiment.

Many thanks to everyone for their very nice comments, I appreciate it!

Best Wishes,

Alan

Alan;

That's a terrific helmet! One that I'd be very happy to own. I've had a 100th Regt. OR's Wappen sitting in my parts drawer for years hoping a Wappenless helmet would surface,

One lives in hope.

Steve

Back