A triple update: Dragoner Regt. König Friedrich III Nr. 8

Tony without Kaiser

Departed
Staff member
Today Sept 7th is my second year as a Hauptmann (Captain), so to celebrate, my update this month is a matching officer's private purchase Überrock, Pickelhaube, and Schirmmütze from Dragoner Regt. König Friedrich III (2.Schlesisches) Nr. 8 VI Armee - Korps Kreuzburg/Berstadt/Namslau.

dbt08g2.jpg

dbh67.jpg

dbch20b.jpg

dbt08.jpg

Happy Anniversary Herr Hauptmann!!!!

Absolutely killer ensemble Tony!!! Fantastic grouping!!!

Thank you once again for sharing!!!!

John

Hi Tony,

Happy Anniversary, and happy to see you back with these incredible items ! Congratulations !

Tony,

Je vous souhaite sincèrement un très heureux anniversaire. Merci pour toutes les connaissances et les conseils que vous nous faites partager et félicitation pour cet ensemble qui est purement magnifique.

Amicalement,

Maxime

Tony:
You were right! There have been some VERY nice items shown on the forum this week, capping it off with your spectacular grouping. Congratulations on two years, "Herr Hauptmann". :D

Regards

Dave

Hey, Tony!

On the Gentlemen's Military Interest Club forum a member posted photos of some Franco-Prussian War toy soldiers that he bought. In this one I think the dragoon in front is from the same regiment as your uniform! Although I guess it could be from Dragoner-Regt. von Bredow (1. Schlesisches) Nr.4 but it looks like the darker yellow to me.

leadsoldiersor1.jpg

Very cool!!! Another fine example for the schnurr collection. I am continually amazed as to where you come up with these groupings. Excellent! Brian

I appreciate the second year as a Captain accolades. Honestly though, it's just a convenient excuse to post an officer's grouping. What did you guys think about the back of the Wappen? I thought it was very interesting. T

Tony:

Can you see evidence that the Waterloo segment of the Bandau left a mark on the obverse of the eagle's neck?

A fascinating conversion.

Chas.

Congratulations on the two years!

What did you guys think about the back of the Wappen?

I am probably dense but did I miss the picture? -- I just returned from the beach so maybe it is heatstroke.

joerookery said:
did I miss the picture?
You may have missed that I linked the words to the web page for each item in my initial posting. Like this: Click HERE

Lost Skeleton said:
Can you see evidence that the Waterloo segment of the Bandau left a mark on the obverse of the eagle's neck?

Absolutely nothing. If it has been worn in the sun for even a short period, there would be an outline. This leads me to believe it may have never left the tailor's with that Bandeau on it.

Tony,

I have another WAG/theory as to why the bandeau was clipped.

I was thinking that the supplier of the Pickelhauber didn't have a regular Dragoon reserve chicken in the shop. Perhaps he only had the No 9 in the shop and the client didn't want to wait around. Instead of loosing a sale the ever thrifty German figured he could cut the bandeau and reuse it in the future.

I wonder if there where many manufacturers of chickens. The question I have is would the Prussians preffered the uniform look of the wappen preassembled at the factory or just ship bandeaus and chickens seperately and let the distributor put them together.

John

Congratulations Tony!
It's an unforgoten day for me...Aniversary of my father, and Brazilian Independance Day.
Super grouping!
Otto :D

Back