Alive from having covid

Amybellars

I was able to view what's going on in the forum but just too tired to react.

Recovered after 5 days down with covid. My taste and smell has not returned but sure it will.

So let's hear about your covid experience if you have gone through it.

Wish you a soon full recovery Amy 🙏
Fortunately I've been able to resist a Covid infection so far and I already have enough to do with my health.

Sorry to hear Amy, I have been lucky and not got it yet....

one of my daughters has now had it 4 times, and had all the shots and boosters.

1st and 4th time hit her hard, middle two lasted like a day or so

James

For me it was just like a mild flu; I was vaccinated so that probably helped. Felt bad for 2 days, and had enormous bags under my eyes. Didn't lose taste or smell, think I caught the milder Omicron version.

I went through this disease three times .The first time I was sick for three weeks,and the last version was already mild.I have not vaccinated and do not intend to do so.Regards.

I went through it once, earlier this year. I was informed that one of my close colleagues was tested positive, so I had to have myself tested too, and stay in quarantine, waiting for the result. I tested positive... But I felt fine, 2 day's later, it hit me. I was sick with a heavy flu for 1 and a half week.
After the quarantine had ended, and I felt okay, I went to work again. But I didn't make it the full hours, my brain felt like a sponge (things so normal to me, didn't go in anyway,I just lost a lot of what was so usual before), and all strength I had before was just a ghost of what it was before. It took me another 3 weeks to get to my usual self again, but, I had no loss of taste or smell, like most do. I guess it hits people in different way's, the things vulnerable, your weakest points. I was vaccinated though.

Regards, Coert.

Get well soon Amy!

It's too bad you didn't have access to some Ivermectin or Hydroxychloroquin in the first 24-hours after you caught it. They vilified Ivermectin & Hydroxychloroquin in the media here in the U.S., unfortunately, and much of the rest of the world. It was literally hammered and vilified as "horse-dewormer" here in the USA and shamed constantly, day after day for a period of time last summer/fall of 2020 in the corporate news media here. I know many who took it and it greatly lessened the symptoms and helped heal them quickly of covid-19, many of these people I know who got better quickly, in 24-30 hours time after taking Ivermectin or Hydroxychloroquin. Unfortunately it won't do you much of any good at 5-days into covid, from everything I've read. To be effective, it needs to be taken in the first day of catching covid (24-36 hours).

I've been taking Vitamin D3 supplements since May of 2020 (2,000 to 4,000 IU (50 mcg) per day, 1-or-2-gelcaps), along with Magnesium 200 mg Chelated blend per day to help absorb the D3, Zinc 50 mg chelated blend, Vitamin C 1,000 mg, and a regular multi-vitamin. Some I know also take Quercatin on a daily basis as well, but I haven't taken that yet. Quercatin is also known to be used as a protocol for those recovering from Covid from what I've read also.

A medical study came out in July or August of 2020 here in the US, that stated 96% of those hospitalized in ICU (intensive care units) in hospitals in the United States were found to be deficient in Vitamin D3 in their bodies. As mentioned, I started taking D3 in May of 2020 when an old friend in the medical professional field told me about it and the Magnesium and the Zinc as well.

Of course I'm not a medical doctor in saying any of this. I only have literally read a ton of papers and article on the subject of covid-19 and numerous medical studies since June of 2020, from the U.S., U.K., Israel, Japan, India, and other countries. It's become my actual 2nd interest in life. It makes me wish that I had actually long ago gone into the field of studying medicine. Sadly much of what happened with the unfolding of this real virus was politicized and good information suppressed and hidden from the general public.

I did not take the shots and have no plan of taking the shots. To the best of my knowledge I did not catch covid-19.

Sadly we are seeing many who took the shots catching covid-19 not only once, but twice, and sometimes they are catching it even 3-times over. I am in no way making fun of or criticizing anyone who took the shots by saying any of this. It's simply a known fact from everything I have read, and continue to see in studies and articles, that many who are now catching it have already taken the shots, and some have caught it more than once.

I have seen medical studies that show that those who did not take the shots and caught covid-19 have a 27 times better immunity against ever catching it again as compared to those who took the shots.

I'll probably get kicked off of here for saying all this.

Last edited:
Amy, I am very happy to hear you are on the road to recovery!!! Take it easy, and continue resting!

John

Sorry to hear this Amy and glad to know that you are better now. I was born in 1951 when polio and other life threatening diseases were rampant. Our parents were glad to have access to vaccines which worked and protected their children. Throughout our childhoods, parents made certain that our vaccinations were up to date. There were no conspiracy theories back then, no doubting about the power of scientific research, we thanked God for it. The problem today lays largely with the internet and it's algorithms which allow the crazies to spout their BS and gather followers. These folks have always been there in the general population but now they have internet access and can gather/organize and spread their craziness. If we abandon science and logic what is left? Do we go back to the Middle Ages and run around proclaiming God Wills It ! when we are struck by plague? If you also step back and look at these conspiracy theorists and anti vaxers ....there is always money involved. There have always been con artists willing to make money off of innocent "marks" and play upon people's fears.
I have been vaccinated 4 times now for covid, my wife and I tested positive in April. We both had mild cold like symptoms which lasted about a week, no other effects. Much of these covid experiences depend upon genetic make up and the state of your physical health...no surprise. If you have survived the pandemic so far without vaccination.....great, good on ya! It's your choice and it's also mine to get whatever shot that is available. Last, Alan my friend, you will not be removed from the forum. :)

Last edited:
No worries, I'm not a conspiracy theorist and the info I get about this is not from sites seeking money. It's all from medical professionals, and from countless medical studies I have read over the past two years. Some of it is from medical journals and published medical peer review studies, scientists, health officials, real doctors, and real nurses, in US, Europe, Japan, and from other countries.

I'll clarify that I'm definitely not anti-vax.

The difference is that this concept was sold as a real preventative vaccine. Unfortunately at best it can be called a "therapeutic" because if it was a real vax in the conventional original meaning of the term, no one would have caught covid-19 after taking it, such as with those (including me) who took the Polio vax, Smallpox, Measles, etc. where no one caught Polio, Smallpox, Measles, etc., after taking a real vaccine that actually prevented anyone from catching it if they took the vax. I know many people locally, and around the world who took the shots and still ended up catching covid-19. Some caught it not once, but twice, and sometimes three times. And now I heard that someone caught it 4-times after all 4 shots. That's what the big difference is. Is there really no one who finds this really strange? No one wants to talk about that or admit this fact. If in fact it were a true vaccine, no one would have caught covid-19 who took the shots. And I'm not making fun of anyone who did take the shots by saying this. I find absolutely zero humor in anyone catching covid-19 after they took the shots.

And why I haven't caught covid-19, I have no earthly idea why I have not caught it.

Last edited:
In response Alan, personally I would not be making my health choices based on what I have read on the internet, no matter what the source. Talk to your doctor. Nor would I believe how "I heard" someone caught covid 4 times. The main thing is that they did not end up in the hospital in the ICU on a ventilator, or dead. So again, in response to those comments above, you have lingering symptoms but you are not dead. We are used to immediate solutions in today's world but in the past...you actually had to get off your ass to change the TV channel!
Regarding the fact that the old vaccines worked once and no one got polio etc. yes fortunately, those worked...... but our natural world continually adapts to our medicines and thinks up new ways to kill us. We are dealing with virus's and I have lost count of the number of covid strains which have come down the pipe these last 2+ years. When I was in elementary school, for example, no one was allergic to peanut butter. Now you dare not send your kid to school with a peanut butter sandwich for fear of killing some one. Our bodies today, are filled with the chemical preservatives invented by the food industry, sperm counts are down and young girls are starting their cycles much too early. This is the world we live in. Again, I would state: if you doubt science, mathematics, physics everything that our world is built upon, the cars that we drive, then where are we??

For me, the Covid vaccinations are very much like the flu vaccinations: they will not prevent you from getting (one of the many strains of) the flu, but greatly increase your chances of survival

I caught it from my friend when we went on a short trip to Malaysia. She had very mild symptoms and recover in 3 days. Another friend caught the virus too and because her household has 3 elderly she requested to be sent to the isolation facility. I isolated myself at home and still having my flu though very mild and some sore throat. Otherwise I am fine. Shd be able to start playing with haubes next week

I caught it from my friend when we went on a short trip to Malaysia. She had very mild symptoms and recover in 3 days. Another friend caught the virus too and because her household has 3 elderly she requested to be sent to the isolation facility. I isolated myself at home and still having my flu though very mild and some sore throat. Otherwise I am fine. Shd be able to start playing with haubes next week
Take care Amy, and mostly, take it slow. :) (y)

Back