Almark Publications 1970's

b.loree

Administrator
Staff member
A series of 3 vols published by Almark Publications London. These were already out of print when I started collecting. They deal with everything that has to do with their "Title Subject" not just the helmets that most of us collect. Cuirassiers (1973), Hussars (1974) and Ulan/Dragoner (1975). I can only say, that from the references/bibliographic sources it would seem that numerous German publications, scholars and Regt Histories were consulted. Pics come mostly from the Imperial war Museum.

I was paying $26-$27.00 for these in 1990 before some of you were born :) .

Yes, very true. However, for some the road to truth and happiness can be a very costly one. No regrets though!

Just completed this series of three. I like these!

Attachments

• 20230424_143212.jpg
    20230424_143212.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 11
Last edited:
I too am of an age when these first appeared. Based very much on the works of Pietsch, Collas, Knötel etc., they are generally excellent. The section on veterinary officials and officers is a bit sketchy (it was in the original Pietsch). The author had some difficulty translating the position/rank of the Etatsmäßige Wachtmeister equating it to a Regimental Sergeant Major. This is incorrect; there was no such position in an Imperial army regiment of any branch; the Etatsmäßige were the company/squadron/battery sergeant majors/First Sergeants, usually five in a cavalry regiment.

Regards
Glenn

Back