An officer item (Ee-ew!) for Kaiser's Bunker May 01 Update

Tony without Kaiser

Departed
Staff member
Yes, a few days early, but its the weekend and I am on the road. This should please all of you who only collect "officer" (sniff) items. I only collect issued Mannschaften items, but this item is especially beautiful. Took my breath away the first time I saw it, even my beautiful and long-suffering wife thinks it is the nicest helmet she has ever seen. Condition is superb, no damage, just some typical age crazing to the leather. The Wappen in particular, is amazing.

It comes in this little box. What could it be?

dbh51c.jpg

The link to the May 01 update>> http://www.kaisersbunker.com/dunkelblau/helmets/dbh51.htm

Tony

Very nice, Tony. You don't see many of these around. Lovely case too. Is the blue-bordered label common to many manufacturers as I have the same label inside a Prussian Officers helmet?

Seems to me that this is the Tshako that my wife accidently knocked off Tony's ledge one night. Have never seen Tony move so fast.......... diving towards the floor, hands & arms extended (this is all happening in slow motion), look of extreme horror on his face. Luckily, no damage :) Just goes to show how well the Germans build headgear.

Pete

Very nice indeed Tony!! Excellent condition and a worthy addition to the Bunker collection. Brian

spikeymikey said:
I think Tony would gladly take a bullet for a Pickelhaube.

Actually, I probably would. I can heal, but damage to a helmet won't. Yes Pete, that is the Tschako that C bumped off the ledge by accident. You forgot the slow motion "Nooooo!" as I threw myself at it. :crybaby:

Mike, the blue-bordered label is a size label, the manufacturers mark is in ink, very fine, but microscopic and I cannot read it. I have seen size labels like this in all possible colors in helmets. I think there was not always intent, and it would not suprise me at all to see five helmets from the same manufacturer, all with different colors of size labels.

Thank's Tony, I guessed that the label was probably universal. Mine has the size on it. I've only seen this type in blue though.

Have you forgiven Mrs.Pete? And Pete, when can we see that Garde M15?

Tony: Super shako. Nice to see an officer front plate with all of the original frosted finish and gilt highlights intact.

I believe the labels with different colored borders were probably standard commercially available items. I have seen them used as price tags on beer steins and medal cases in addition to helmet size markings.

Reservist1

I had to use a whole roll of Paper towels after staring at the pics .That is a really nice piece and with the carry case .
Zipperheads9 :eek:

Hey Tony,

Very very nice..... But I think there is one section of your information on the website that is incorrect:

"The storage box is lined in silk. Note that the Feldzeichen is not intended to be mounted when the Tschako is being stored.."

Actually...... the Feldzeichen will fit when the case is closed.... you just have to push down a little harder on the top of the case when you close it :p

Cheers and thanks for sharing !
Mark

Back