An opportunity to share the knowledge

joerookery

As most of you know, I stopped collecting and moved entirely into the history side of things. I am the admin of a group called WWI German History. it is a Facebook group that presents daily blogs produced by the membership. it has a great deal of traffic.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/german1914/

I would like to have a day devoted to headgear of the German army. we currently have three days where there are recurring blogs starting in January: Frank's machine gun Friday, Sabine's Battlefield guide Saturday, and Peebles Profiles on Mondays. this is a perfect place and time to do a weekly blog on pickelhaubes. regularly the minimum requirements for a blog are really easy. one page of text and one picture. so that would require four blogs a month. it could either be an individual that takes on this commitment or the entire pickelhaubes.com forum. if you chose the latter route it would be easy to get one guy to do just one helmet and then rotate to the next. you can then get a bunch of exposure for the forum. we could call it something like "Pickelhaubes.com Tuesday". Tuesday Wednesday Thursday and Sunday are still available. we could really enhance everybody's knowledge and go both ways with this. there is a parallel webpage outside of Facebook that has most of the old blogs done by me or Frank. www.german1914.com
let me know if anybody is interested!

I'm interested in it, and asked to be a member of the group.
I am a member of 2 more facebook groups regarding headgear and other facts about WW1 Imperial things so I will do my best to share what I know.
Have a nice friday, and a merry Christmas in advance.

Greetings, Coert. :thumb up:

Good to see you post Joe, been to long, you should check us out more often.

Just joined your Facebook group, it is a very cool group.

James

I wrote to you on Facebook as I seem to be having problems posting here.

It is easy to miss this group James. not all groups are civil nor knowledgeable has this one.

Thanks for posting this Joe, I will join the group. Don't know anything about blogs but I would be interested in maybe posting if I can figure it out :).

Good God Sandy.....!! Even I am on Facebook although, I only use it to advertise band gigs :D I don't really want the World to know what I am up to :? So, I only use it to my own benefit...well that is my delusion, because of course, BIG BROTHER is tracking my every move on the net!!

Back