Another bearskin pelzmütze (more pictures)

garder

Hi

I am thinking on buying this pelzmütze and would like to hear your opinion about autenticity.
I think it looks good but would like a second opinion.

bb1gs.jpg

bb2tt.jpg

bb4r.jpg

bb5qz.jpg

bb6s.jpg

bb7im.jpg

bb8uk.jpg

bb9.jpg

Thanks for the comment :)

Would you say it is for the 6 or 10 husaren regiment? I am having trouble determening what kind of red the colpak is.

Correct: Brass Vaterlandbandeau with red Kolpak for:
-Poppy red: nr 6: very clear red (close to darker orange).
-Pompadour red: nr 10: dark red.

You're right: difficult to determine.

Very nice Pelzmütze.

Francis

With out a unit marking, I do not think you could ever be sure, as the colours tend to change a bit over the years.
Gus

I am having trouble determening what kind of red the colpak is.

If you remove the colpak and look at its inside the color should be very close to the original shade as the inside is protected from light and should not be too faded.

Reservist1

Remove the Kolpak:

1.how is a Kolpak attached to the Pelzmütze? I don't want to try to remove the piece from mine before I know for sure. I saw pictures of Kolpaks that were simply placed under the fur board of the top "lid", no visible stitches or knots...

2.Is there a size mark on the lid-under de Kolpak (Eigentums Pelzmütze).

Can someone tell me more?

Thank you,

Francis

Thanks for all the replies :)

If I buy it, I will try and look under the colpak to determin the original colour. That was a good idea.

Francis: I don´t think there is much chance of a size mark on an eigentum pelzmütze. I can´t see any reason for it to be there. After all the man who bought it would know what size it was, because it was made for his head. Considering that something as practical as a nametag is very seldom in an eigentum pelzmütze, I find at hard to imagine that something as relativ useles as a size mark would be added.

Just got some more pictures from the seller. Any red flags?

I still think it looks good but would like to hear other opinions before I buy.

bb11zg.jpg

bb12v.jpg

I see no red flags. One of the first features to look for on an original, is the tiny pebbling on the Bandeau and crisp sharp letters. The fakes are typically completely smooth Bandeau with sloppy poorly-formed letters. This one has age on the liner (crackling etc) of an original, and the cords look just the way they should (squared) as does everything else. I think it is worth a shot, but only of course if you have a return privilege. Good luck! Not every day a guy finds a nice Pelzmütze.

Back