Another fake item from an eBay seller

ww1czechlegion

Another fake item from an eBay seller, this time a bogus, totally fake Colonial flag.

Ink stamp on halyard is totally bogus. Construction style with the applied central oval bearing the eagle is entirely wrong. The eagle and central oval should be directly silk screened onto the flag and being an an integral part of the flag, not as a separate applied panel as this flag is. More rot from the 80's that this seller got sucked into back in those days I presume.

This flag (located in Australia) looks to be constructed in a similar fashion to the one on eBay that @ww1czechlegion posted. This one is stamped 1913, but happy to hear your thoughts.

Link : https://www.henrysmilitarycollectab...opmund-namibia-with-silken-centre-panels.aspx

Cheers,
Jim
Hi Jim,

Thanks for posting this flag that is for sale in Australia. It is another modern made fake flag. Someone printed out these oval Imperial Eagle Emblems and sewed them on to an old black/white/red German flag. The brighter white oval cloth color is a dead-giveaway that this is modern made, and applied to the red/white/black flag in recent era time.

Best wishes to you.

Alan

Hello everybody, these flags are indeed all fake.
I know the guy who makes them !
It's an Englisch guy who is every month at the Waver militaria fair in Belgium and doesn't make a secret of it that they are fake and sell them for € 50 !!
I also bought one myself, just to keep up with the latest fakes.
And I have to admit they are damn well made, faded stamps and all !!

He has been selling these for years. I bought one over 7 years ago, same scam. The flag floresced worse than a motel room. Fortunately, eBay made him pay for the original and return shipping to England which I saw as his punishment. As a less experienced collector, I certainly wasn't reading at the time and I would have deserved it if I had waited years to check if it was legitimate or not...

Back