Any Hessen Pickelhaubes for Sale?

Peter B

Yes I definitely have the pickelhaube virus now….

Anyone have a “starter” Hessen pickelhaube they might part with? By starter I mean in the realm of the affordable. Can’t seem to find any for sale that are not very very expensive.

If that is the reality then I understand.

Never hurts to ask.

Thanks.

Peter

They had an IR117 for $ 2,500 but it sold
Steve
Weitze has several they will be the "going rate "
no bargains
there is an older model for 1,500 Euro
the euro is now close to the U S Dollar in value
#
Steve

Weitze has several they will be the "going rate "
no bargains
there is an older model for 1,500 Euro
the euro is now close to the U S Dollar in value

Peter is Canadian. US$ and Euro are both expensive up here.

Keep looking Peter. You will find a nice one with perseverance. Get a better condition one.

Hesse was one of the last other state Pickelhaube I acquired purely because they were always comparatively expensive to others. Hence last on the list. In the end when I found one I bought the best I could afford as I reckoned If I can only have one make it the right one.

Patience is the key, maybe consider offering trades if you find someone with a spare.

Sorry to say that bargains are few and far between.

cheers

Tony

Hesse was one of the last other state Pickelhaube I acquired purely because they were always comparatively expensive to others. Hence last on the list. In the end when I found one I bought the best I could afford as I reckoned If I can only have one make it the right one.

Patience is the key, maybe consider offering trades if you find someone with a spare.

Sorry to say that bargains are few and far between.

cheers

Tony
Thanks Tony and everyone else. I didn’t want to come across as trying to get one below the going rate. Just don’t want to spend 3000 Euros or USD so like everyone it’s saying I guess I need to be patient and keep searching. Now if someone does have a spare…….

Another option Pete, which is what Tony and I have done is to collect the wappen of these rare helmets. I do not have a helmet in the collection with Napoleonic bandeau but I do have several wappen from the Regiments which were awarded these distinctions. Long before I landed my JR 115, I bought the OR's wappen from JR 117 which has a unique helmet plate. At the moment, I am on the look out for the matching shoulder strap. I can't afford a JR 109 but I am also looking for that unique wappen :) As Tony points out, it sucks that the CN buck value is 25-30% lower than Uncle Sam's greenback (depending on the exchange rate) even worse is the Brit pound which used to be double!! ie 2 Canuck bucks= 1 pound/quid. The CN Govt. always maintains our buck lower than Uncle Sam's to keep him buying our products. (y)

At an auction in France last week, a nice infantry M95 (no marking, just a date) went for 1450 euro, and an M15 for 1500 euro (25% fees to be added). More surprising, a complete RBA18 (JR 115) in fair to good condition did not sell, which rarely happens !

Bruno

If you’d sold me one of your hessian, I wouldn’t have waited so long😂

To make amends, I accept a Mecklenburg helmet 🤣

Every once in a while you get lucky, you just have to keep your eyes open and make friends. One of my friends sent me a photo of a hessian dragoon helmet that had apparently sat in a store for 3 years in Colorado untouched and as soon as he sent the photos I told him to grab it.

Just a bump in case anyone has a spare Hessen they might sell to make some extra money for SOS 23 ;).

Ever hopeful.

Cheers.

Peter

Back