Anyone here have the Imperial Navy Rank List?

Hello gang - I have an item that has come in which requires a resource that I do not have at AGM. If anyone has access to the Imperial Navy rank list, I am looking to see just how many officers of wartime Leutnant zur See rank named "Krieger" there might be. If there is only one, we're golden. More than one, and we need to call a uniform identification "plausible" rather than "identified". I will gladly pay someone for their time and effort if they have access to that list.

Thanks!
Jeff Shrader

Hello Jeff,
I have all the Imperial Navy Rank Lists from 1899 to 1918 (no 1917). Is there definite year you are looking to narrow the search down? Just 1914 to 1918 ?
Kyle

More information on this inquiry: 1918 Rank List page 59, Krieger Oberleutnant zur See Iron Cross 1st class.Promoted to rank April 26,1917.
"Ehrenrangliste Kaiserlich Marine " page 369: Ernst Krieger Oberleutnant zur See,Started war on SMS Breslau , April 1915 Turkish Torpedo Boat "Drasch" July 1916 U-Boot School. Service on UC23 U55 June 1918, Commander UB64.
U-boat.net information : Commander UB64 September 1,1918 to November 11,1918. 10 ships listed sunk ,all English.

More information on this inquiry: 1918 Rank List page 59, Krieger Oberleutnant zur See Iron Cross 1st class.Promoted to rank April 26,1917.
"Ehrenrangliste Kaiserlich Marine " page 369: Ernst Krieger Oberleutnant zur See,Started war on SMS Breslau , April 1915 Turkish Torpedo Boat "Drasch" July 1916 U-Boot School. Service on UC23 U55 June 1918, Commander UB64.
U-boat.net information : Commander UB64 September 1,1918 to November 11,1918. 10 ships listed sunk ,all English.
Thank you very much Kyle! Sorry for the delayed response - was out of the office for a few days. We have an Imperial Navy dress frock coming up, nicely named to Leutnant Krieger. It came with a bunch of (fairly dated, just going by the old tear-edge dot matrix printouts) research that echoes exactly what you found. I thought it wise to engage in a little due diligence skepticism, since I can easily imagine someone finding three Kriegers, and picking the most interesting record.

Ernst Krieger was predominantly employed in the export business following the war and from 1926 onwards was the head of export at the firm of Zschopenauer Motorenwerk followed by the same position in the Auto-Union in Chemnitz (predecessor to AUDI). He was recalled to service in May 1940 initially as a consultant on the staff of the naval armaments inspector Netherlands. He was further employed as a company commander at the 1. Unterseeboots-Ausbildungs-Abteilung (U-Boat training detachment) from October 1940 to April 1942. Promoted to Korvetten-Kapitän z.V. on 1 April 1942 he served on various staffs in theatres including Rumania, Southern Russia and the Black Sea, Rome and the Western Adriatic. Following the war he headed a machine export and import business in Bremen.

He was still alive and living in Munich in 1970 according to the Marine Officer Association members' list of that year.

Regards
Glenn

Last edited:
Back