Arch Duke Franz Ferdinand?

b.loree

Administrator
Staff member
I have had this cabinet sized photo for many years. I always believed the central figure in the photo wearing the plumed hat was the Arch Duke. Can anyone positively confirm this for me? A heads up to the membership as well, I have begun to sell off my Imperial German photo postacard collection on Ebay. My seller name is BAXIV.
52821E25-09D7-44A8-AED5-08AB36DA359A_1_201_a.jpeg
The reverse side of the photo is blank. The photo card obviously has some issues as well.

a great photo, but I doubt that`s the archduke - he always wore a moustache like the german emperor and in addition, it
seems that the general on the photo wears eye-glasses (??)

Thanks for the response, you are probably correct. Years ago when I first started collecting, there was a local militaria dealer who actually had one of these bicorn plummed general's hats with case. The green feathers were very impressive. Welcome to the forum. :)

Last edited:
I have had this cabinet sized photo for many years. I always believed the central figure in the photo wearing the plumed hat was the Arch Duke. Can anyone positively confirm this for me? A heads up to the membership as well, I have begun to sell off my Imperial German photo postacard collection on Ebay. My seller name is BAXIV.
View attachment 24791
The reverse side of the photo is blank. The photo card obviously has some issues as well.
Brian
I will look you up on EBay
I collect photos if the subject matter is for me
If you care to tell me what & when you will sell
Thanks
Steve

I emailed you Steve, asking what are your areas of interest regarding photos. Let me know.

Back