Artillerie-Prüfungs-Kommission

Nice image Karl. You can see three straps with the history of the APK plus images in my article below if you are interested.

For example, the Artillerie-Prüfungs-Kommission consisted of two specific departments: one for Preußen Feldartillerie (Field Artillery) and Fußartillerie (Foot Artillery), and one for the Kaiserliche-Marine (Imperial German Navy) which included both coastal and naval artillery.

As the Kaiserliche-Marine wore Feldgrau, I think your young man in his tailored M1915 Bluse could be Army, or Kaiserliche-Marine.

Nice image Karl. You can see three straps with the history of the APK plus images in my article below if you are interested.

For example, the Artillerie-Prüfungs-Kommission consisted of two specific departments: one for Preußen Feldartillerie (Field Artillery) and Fußartillerie (Foot Artillery), and one for the Kaiserliche-Marine (Imperial German Navy) which included both coastal and naval artillery.

As the Kaiserliche-Marine wore Feldgrau, I think your young man in his tailored M1915 Bluse could be Army, or Kaiserliche-Marine.
Thank you, Tony! And your article on the subject is great! I honestly didn't know about the APK until I got this photo in and figured out what the strap was. Always learning in this hobby!

Fantastic display case! Steve I don’t think I’ve ever seen a APK Majors shoulder board. With that rank, and the 1915 colour, are you able to identify the officer? Or are there several potential candidates?

Fantastic display case! Steve I don’t think I’ve ever seen a APK Majors shoulder board. With that rank, and the 1915 colour, are you able to identify the officer? Or are there several potential candidates?
Tony
Thanks
I never thought to try and look up the officer
bottom right is the wider Fridensrock strap
Steve

Back