Artillery model Lugers (LP08)

keoki7

Here is a collection of LP08s and their accessories. Most of these pistols are unit marked. The collection... while there are several 1917 DWMs, the collection includes every type of Imperial military issue LP08. Several include the original matching stock, etc.
P1000986.jpg

P1000978.jpg

P1000988.jpg

P1000987.jpg

P1000989.jpg

P1000808.jpg

P1000804.jpg

P1000996.jpg

P1000993.jpg

P1000994.jpg

P1000995.jpg

Damm George you have been holding back on us, this is super impressive, makes my handfull of lugers look pathetic. Thanks for sharing these pictures, you have a outstanding collection!

James

Is this an armoury of some sort or your own private collection??

Trying to find the appropriate emoticon for this :cry:

By the way, I think I'm seeing some sort of Arabic (or Turkish) crests on most of the guns... Are these Turkish export versions or were they reissued/sold to some Arabic country after WW1 ?

Ron, they are all Imperial German army war time issue. I have had post war contract and commercial models such as the "Persian" you alude to but sold them all for Imperials long ago. Now I collect only things related to the Imperial German army. I think I have about twenty-eight P08's that are unit marked also.

Hey Ron,
I think it is the DWM script that you are seeing.
Best Gus

Wow! Quite a collection!
Funny you should post that now - a pal of mine just bought a hoard of more than 200 snail drums - no Colognes in the bunch though. Still, 200 snail drums. Finds like that are sure getting rare.

Donkkkkk... That was my jaw dropping on my desk. Have to go now and find an oxygen bottle or so... will be back soon with the right equipment to look at this stunning collection again and again and again...

Adler

ebeeby said:
Wow! Quite a collection!
Funny you should post that now - a pal of mine just bought a hoard of more than 200 snail drums - no Colognes in the bunch though. Still, 200 snail drums. Finds like that are sure getting rare.

I would caution your friend to tread lightly on any large offering of TM08s. Some outfit in Eastern Europe has been producing excellent copies for over seven years now. They are beginning to hit the US market now but are not offered at repro prices. For someone who knows they are easily spotted.

Back