Artillery NCO On His Wedding Day

Nickc

Image3.jpg

Artillery NCO on his wedding day.

Its a good picture of a wedding, so many I have seen the men are there all Prussian straight determined, the brides the look of rabbits caught in the headlights.

The big point of interest is the photographers that took the picture are still there in the same building, before this Covid thing took over life I had planned a trip to Germany and was going to check the place to see if they had kept records or anything related to the First War, they didn't have a web site or email last time I looked but they were listed by local business diectories.

View attachment 20179

Artillery NCO on his wedding day.

Its a good picture of a wedding, so many I have seen the men are there all Prussian straight determined, the brides the look of rabbits caught in the headlights.

The big point of interest is the photographers that took the picture are still there in the same building, before this Covid thing took over life I had planned a trip to Germany and was going to check the place to see if they had kept records or anything related to the First War, they didn't have a web site or email last time I looked but they were listed by local business diectories.

Also remarkable - nowadays at least - is the black wedding dress (and white veil), but this was very common in Germany at that time. A tradition.
And the aeration hole not in the alignment of the helmet (a recurrent point of discussion).
And they don't smile, of course, but this is normal...

Back