Artist of the Bavarian Pickelhaube-Plate for the Helmet M1886

Sandmann

Dear friends,
I have found an interesting article in „Militär-Wochenblatt No. 103“ - Volume 61 (1886) about the introduction of the new helmet M1886 in Bavaria, that I‘d like to share with you!
According to the article, the Bavarian pickelhauben plate was designed by an artist named BRUSKA, who was a student of the well known artist GEDON. Further, the design was then cut into the steel by HORMANN, probably the best steel cutter of the Kingdom of Bavaria, and so the press mold for the pickelhauben plates of the helmet model M1886 was created. In the last sentence it is also announced that the production of the helmets will probably be done completely by military effects manufacturers in Ingolstadt.
Unfortunately I could not find any information about the mentioned artists on the internet, so I would appreciate if someone could provide more information about the artists.
ADABA38A-0FF6-4B8A-899E-818BC8289732.png

Last edited:
You are welcome John.
Meanwhile I could identify Anton Pruska (1846-1930) who was a student of Lorenz Gedon (1843-1883). But I can’t understand why there are no informations about a famous (in the article called „the best“) steel cutter or medal cutter named HORMANN. I really appreciate any information about this artist. Thank you 🙏

Back