Asking for help with identification.

PawelGPysz.

Hello. Here is a group of epaulettes that was included in the collection I recently purchased. Please help in identifying them because I do not recognize all of them (I mean regiment, rank). I suspect that several of them may be replicas, and some may be reconstructed, so I would appreciate an assessment of their authenticity. There will be no tragedy if it turns out that only part of them are correct, the approximate cost of buying these epaulettes was about $ 350.
Regards, Paweł.IMG20230517201801.jpgIMG20230517201827.jpgIMG20230517201848.jpgIMG20230517201907.jpgIMG20230517201918.jpgIMG20230517202437.jpgIMG20230517202508.jpgIMG20230517202522.jpg

So in other words, you intend to make use of the members expertise to help u build a fortune when you sell items or help u build up a collection.

Great collection ! You got a bargain in my opinion. Let me know if you want to sell any of the pairs of the epaulettes..

Hello. Here is a group of epaulettes that was included in the collection I recently purchased. Please help in identifying them because I do not recognize all of them (I mean regiment, rank). I suspect that several of them may be replicas, and some may be reconstructed, so I would appreciate an assessment of their authenticity. There will be no tragedy if it turns out that only part of them are correct, the approximate cost of buying these epaulettes was about $ 350.
Regards, Paweł.View attachment 34169View attachment 34170View attachment 34171View attachment 34172View attachment 34173View attachment 34174View attachment 34175View attachment 34176
I think that it is a nice group
I don't see anything wrong right away with a quick glance
I think that it is O K for you to ask questions about them if you really don't how to I D them
Where are you located ?
If you wanted to sell any of them
I would be interested in a purchase of the pair top left
with the number 2 on black and fringe
with 2 rank pips and fringe they are for a Col.
please advise
Steve

Regards, Paweł.View attachment 34169View attachment 34170View attachment 34171View attachment 34172View attachment 34173View attachment 34174View attachment 34175View attachment 34176
What do you make of the pair with the " L " cypher top row middle ?
Steve

Thanks Steve. I didn't think about selling these things, Amy misunderstood me referring to my post, I just care about their correct identification, so I will be grateful for any help.
Paul.

Thanks Steve. I didn't think about selling these things, Amy misunderstood me referring to my post, I just care about their correct identification, so I will be grateful for any help.
Paul.
Paul
I can & will help if you want me to
I am not sure that I can I D all of them
if you could post photos of the ones that you are not sure of
top row left #2 on black is Dragoon Regt 2
that is the pair that was of interest to me
since I am trying to get epaulettes for all of the Dragoon regiments
Steve

Thanks Steve, if you have a moment of time and willingness to share your knowledge, please. I've numbered it for simplicity.
1. 2nd Dragon Regiment, I guessed
2. 2KR ? What degree? Something was probably buried, the cloth of the bottoms is too dark in my opinion
3. I do not know, in the middle there is a trace of the puncture, something was here.
The 4th and 5th are probably colonial troops, the 4th look like replicas because they are very bright threads
6. 3rd reg. grenadier Queen Elizabeth, I wonder the bottoms of yellow cloth because I saw red
7. I do not know
9. Looking at the emblems - fire brigade, but maybe later added
10. I do not know
11. I do not know, you can see the traces, something was on them
12. Artillery, but what regiment?
13. I do not know
15. Probably a major, but what regiment?
If I messed something up, I apologize.
Paul.IMG20230517201801.jpg

This could be a good learning experience. I have no knowledge of epaulettes so can tell real form fake. As for Officer boards, I’m pretty good.

Can you gicve more detail on the factors for determining real from fak on the components?

As I wrote earlier, some of the epaulettes seem to me to be reconstructed, the 2nd one looks to be interfered. Crescents can come from other epaulettes, one, the one on the left is larger and made of thinner sheet metal, the tapes are also badly sewn. But let's leave them, please info about the others.
Paweł.

Back