Avant Garde

A

Anonymous

Avant-Garde.jpg

Chas.

Very cool foto Chas. I would rerally love to know what organization these little boys belonged to. The knider haube area of collecting has always fascinated me. I guess it relates to my Roy Rogers 2 gun holster set that I had way back in the 50's. I also really wanted one of those Davy Crocket coon skin caps!! Is Fess Parker (hell of a name) long dead?? Brian

b.loree said:
Very cool foto Chas. I would rerally love to know what organization these little boys belonged to. The knider haube area of collecting has always fascinated me. I guess it relates to my Roy Rogers 2 gun holster set that I had way back in the 50's. I also really wanted one of those Davy Crocket coon skin caps!! Is Fes Parker (hell of a name) long dead?? Brian

Brian, not meaning to make you jealous, but I owned one of those coon skin caps when I was about 5 or 6!

As for Fess Parker, he's still alive, he and his wife own and operate Fess Parker Winery P.O. Box 908 6200 Foxen Canyon Rd. Los Olivos, CA 93441-9999

Here's a photo of him I stole off of the winery web page http://www.fessparker.com/index.htm

fessparker206x1943hf.jpg

Wow!! Thanks Mike, I never would have thought that Fess was still with us. He must have discovered the fountain of youth or perhaps.......red wine really does prolong life. I am currently trying to talk Margo into this so that I can excuse my red wine consumption. Brian

Back