BA X

911car

I have an old german photo album that obviously pictures soldiers from IR92 and HR17 in WW1. It is unfortunately anonymous: no names, no dates. The first pictures are in trenches and in a village which I suppose to be French. Then pictures are from a train trip and the last ones show landscapes and populations that seem to be from eastern Europe. Therefore I suppose that the album can be dated from end of 1914-early 1915. Can somebody who knows regimental histories help me identify the village where they are initially stationed? At least the church (last picture below) should not have changed too much...
Thank you!
Bruno
Picture477.jpg
Picture465.jpg

Picture468.jpg

Picture473.jpg

Picture478.jpg

Picture486.jpg

Picture483.jpg

Hello,

Could be "in der Champagne", but I have to search.

JR 92 fought near Sommepy during the "Herbstschlacht" and RJR 78 during the "Winterschlacht" near Perthes les Hurlus.

But I have to search.

Great pics !
as you put it: pitty that there are no names or further details, this men seem to have had a good time then.
The pic of the church could help....

Reminds me of this:
WW II

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I loved the scene of Fernandel with his cow (la vache) Marguerite:
a Russian POW drawing a picture of a cow on a piece of paper, putting it in his mouth... just to explain to the french soldier Fernandel-he'd fancy a bit of steak...

Rgds,
Francis
'Khukri'

Back