BADEN AND OLDENBURG HOUSE ORDERS FOR SALE

Yeohelmetguy

Hello all!

As some of you on the Forum know from viewing my previous posts here on the Forum, my primary collecting focus is British Victorian and Edwardian cavalry/yeomanry helmets. I have in my possession three pieces, medals/bar from the German Empire period that don't fit in with by collecting interest.

I have a Dutchy of Baden Order of the Zähringer Lion, First Class with Oak Leaves and Swords and a Grand Dutchy of Oldenburg House Order of Peter Friedrich Ludwig with Crown and Swords.

I also have a seven-medal bar consisting of the following medals: 1) Iron Cross Second Class; 2) Prussian Officers Long Service Medal 20 Years; 3) Dutchy of Oldenburg War Service Medal 2nd Class; 4) Lippe-Detmold Distinguished War Service Cross; 5) Free Hansatic City of Hamburg Hansatic Cross; 6) Kyffhauser Bund Medal; 7) Austrian Military Cross with Wreath for Valor. The medal bar has its corresponding miniature medals.

I acquired these medals in the mid 1980's (among many others which I have since sold) when I was stationed in the Federal Republic of Germany from a medal/militaria dealer in Wollershiem(?) FRG. I am now considering selling these medals/orders, too, so that they can go into someone else's collection and be appreciated. All realistic offers considered but would like a fair, realistic price as they are near mint condition with age patina with no damage to the enamels and they don't fit with my collecting interests. If anyone is interested in purchasing these medals/orders for their personal collection, feel free to contact me and make an offer in United States dollars for any or all three pieces!

Thank you and regards,

David

Medal Baden 2 (2).jpg

Medal Baden 3 (2).jpg

Medal Oldenberg 2 (2).jpg

Medal Oldenberg 3 (2).jpg

Medals 1.jpg

I have a contact who might be interested .
He is not a member yet
so I told him to contact Brian and join the site
so that he can contact you
Steve

I have a contact who might be interested .
He is not a member yet
so I told him to contact Brian and join the site
so that he can contact you
Steve
Hello Steve,

Thank you, that would be terrific... I will look for a message from your contact! Just out of curiosity... where in Tennessee are you... I'm just north of Nashville!!! Small world!

David

Hello Steve,

Thank you, that would be terrific... I will look for a message from your contact! Just out of curiosity... where in Tennessee are you... I'm just north of Nashville!!! Small world!

David
outside of Memphis
It might take some time for him to join
so if you want to send me your email address via PM
I will forward it to him
and you can be in direct contact with him
Steve

I like the Oldenburg order…
... it is an exceptionally nice example of that particular House Order... in my possession for about 40 years and has been displayed under glass in a shadow box (as has the Baden decoration) for many, many years in a smoke free home and the decoration has not had a human hand on it in probably has of the 40 years I have had it in my curio cabinet... if you are interested in acquiring it send my a PM and we can discuss...

Cheers,

David

What a beautiful house order! I hope its still available!
Hello Oldenburg_91,

Thank you, the Oldenburg and Baden orders and medal bar are really quite nice! Much nicer in person. As I mentioned I have had them for a bit over 40 years. I originally purchased them from J. H. Bielitz in Wallertheim, then West Germany. Yes, the three items in this post are still available as previous buyer failed to make payment for them...

Kind regards,

David

Hello Oldenburg_91,

Thank you, the Oldenburg and Baden orders and medal bar are really quite nice! Much nicer in person. As I mentioned I have had them for a bit over 40 years. I originally purchased them from J. H. Bielitz in Wallertheim, then West Germany. Yes, the three items in this post are still available as previous buyer failed to make payment for them...

Kind regards,

David
David,
I believe that wholeheartedly! That's almost always the case! I'd love to write you but unfortunately, I have neglected my account here and I am unable to private message you.

Best regards,
Dan

Last edited:
Back