Baden M15

Hello gentlemen!

Found this one at the Ciney Militaria in Belgium. The leather is in excellent condition, as are all the parts in fact. The Kokarden are o.k., and genuine in my opinion. The markings are in the middle of the Haube, and not on the rear visor: "BA XIV 1916". The name of the user is written on the front visor (still figuring that out), with "3K" as addition. The rear visor shows the markings of the attachments of the Felduberzug.

What do you think of it?

Best regards

Marcel
IMG_1147.jpg

IMG_1148.jpg

IMG_1149.jpg

IMG_1151.jpg

IMG_1152.jpg

IMG_1153.jpg

IMG_1154.jpg

IMG_1155.jpg

Looks like a fine helmet. Korps marks are correct (BAXIV). I have seen the painted version of the Baden kokarde before...looks good. My only concern is the chin strap which has been made with the flesh side out and not the smooth hair side. There are Czech repros being sold on Ebay with the same problem. I have never seen an original strap with this construction. The smooth hair side is dyed and the rough flesh side of the hide goes aginst the wearers' skin. Otherwise, an excellent liner with original leather draw string and a very nice Baden M15. Congratulations.

Excellent haube Marcel, but indeed the strap needs some more investigation... Could you post some detailed pics of this please?

Adler

The chin strap looks old and original but the flesh side out just does not compute. The leather is obviously very old. However,...perhaps an original mistake by the manufacturer?? I would not change it,...one of those things that are not regulation but obviously is original.

Back