Baden Pickelhaube für Reserve Offizier der Dragoner

meme32

Dear Gentleman,

I am considering to purchase this Reserve-Officer Spiked Helmet.
It is nicely marked Awes & Marke in gold inside the helmet.
From my limited knowledge and the limited number of pictures, it looks nice.
I am waiting for more pictures and I will send them once received.
Please could you share your view on this helmet.

Many thanks

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    102.4 KB · Views: 73
  • Capturegggggg.JPG
    Capturegggggg.JPG
    95.4 KB · Views: 69
  • Capturettttttt.JPG
    Capturettttttt.JPG
    82.8 KB · Views: 49
  • Capturetzhjjjjj.JPG
    Capturetzhjjjjj.JPG
    138.3 KB · Views: 48
  • Captureuiolkjh.JPG
    Captureuiolkjh.JPG
    106.5 KB · Views: 49
  • Captureuioppp.JPG
    Captureuioppp.JPG
    74.7 KB · Views: 49
  • Captureuuuuuuuu.JPG
    Captureuuuuuuuu.JPG
    77.4 KB · Views: 51
  • Capturezzuuuu.JPG
    Capturezzuuuu.JPG
    56.5 KB · Views: 70
Thanks for the prompt reply.
I really appreciate it.
It is good you brought the topic of the text on the plate. I am a bit confused what is the rule for Baden ?
I was thinking that for Reserve/Landwehr helmet, the motto was not on the plate but inscribed in the Res/LW cross like this helmet.
But I have seen pictures of Baden Reserve/Landwehr helmets with motto inscribed on the plate banner.....

Think of it from a soldier’s perspective, if you’re rich you buy yorself a new helmet for the reserve and get a plate with no moto. However if you either didn’t want to pay for a new helmet or didn’t have the funds you would just get a jeweler to attach a cross to you service helmet. That’s just my 2 cents (more like10 cents with I inflation :eek:)

That is an excellent example, I don’t see any problems and Awes was one of the top quality makers in my experience. Regarding the cross and scroll…. The motto is on the cross so no motto on the ribbon. The ribbon on this pebbled which may account for the “blur”. The photo is slightly out of focus as well.

Thanks a lot for your comments and prompt feedbacks.
It will be sold through an auction next week so I will bid and hope to win it.

It's a lovely one. Would be interesting to see under the liner and behind the wappen. The chinscales are only shown unclipped - wondering if that was to show off the wappen and bandeau? Thanks for sharing!

Nice and it’s one of the helmets in my list for get since I have a Baden Dragoon 22 Officers set.

Nice and it’s one of the helmets in my list for get since I have a Baden Dragoon 22 Officers set.
Have you posted that set before ? I am not sure that
I have seen it .I collect Dragoon helmets ; epaulettes and shoulder straps
Steve

Thank you for the other photos. It’s a beautiful helmet in nice condition. I see nothing wrong with it. (y)

You did very well in buying that helmet! It is a nice one, and by Awes also, I really like the quality of Awes helmets.
Also, thanks for the pictures which show the reservist scroll, with no inscription but nice details on it too.

Congratulations on a very nice helmet!
You seem to have a good eye for them. :)

Regards, Coert.

Back