Baden Pickelhaube

JohnS3rd

I recently picked up an M95 Baden Pickelhaube without kokarden/cockades or chin strap. It has seen better time but still a nice worn helmet. When I left for SOS 2021, I planned on getting a Baden Kokarde for it. So, when I met James LeBrasseur at the show, I found that he had several cockades that needed helmets. I found a Baden one among the orphan cockades. So I purchased the exact item that I need for my Baden Pickelhaube. When I arrived home, Sunday, I installed the Kokarde along with a Prussian one and used the chinstrap I had from an American LEGION M16 Helmet relic.
The Baden cockade wear and tear seem to match the helmet and the chinstrap perfectly. Opinions invited.
John
Baden OR Pickelhaube E WWI (1).jpeg
Baden OR Pickelhaube E WWI.jpeg
Baden OR Pickelhaube E WWI  back.jpeg
Baden OR Pickelhaube E WWI  Right Side.jpeg
Baden OR Pickelhaube E WWI Front.jpeg

Gents,
Thank you very much for your kind observations. The Baden Korkade was not my first choice; when I located James's tables, he had three different examples. Unfortunately, he was busy, and I was texted and had to return to my table. By the time I returned to James's tablers, the excellent Pre-War Cockade was already gone. However, after James explained that the one I purchased is an early war version, I figured that its condition was more appropriate for my helmet's condition. I am holding it, in fact, my first purchase at the show, in the picture that James and I had taken together.

Cheers,
John

Nice helmet John,
I have a similar Baden M95, it could be its brother, except mine is a little shinier, but it is not perfect. But it is original, and has that "I've been there" look. I like helmets like that. Your kokarde looks very nice on your helmet!
Here is mine by the way:
20210729_160744_resized.jpg

Coert
Your Pickelhaube is very sharp! Could you post some pictures of the cockaden?
Best regards
John

Congratulations John, it is always very satisfying to find that “missing piece” and complete a helmet. 👍

Brian
Yes its Great When a Plan Comes Together! Just kidding! ;-) Just very lucky one all is said and done.
John

Back