Bavarian Erstaz with a interesting feature

J.LeBrasseur

Administrator
Staff member
This one just came in, Brian L. got to see pictures of this yesterday that I sent him, but actual helmet showed up today. Standard Brass trim Bavarian Felt ersatz helmet. But on the inside this one has something I have never seen before, the black spike support disc is nicely marked. Stamped into the disc it says. 1914 Carl Goldschmidt H Luckenwalde.
Complete with original kokarden, not sure about chinstrap yet, I think it is an older repo?

Thanks

James

Congrats again James, that is a very nice helmet with some very special markings. Joe, do we have this manufacturer on our list? Does any other member have a stamped support disc like this in their collection? I used to have a tin Bruder Bing helme in my collection with painted (red) information on the disc like this. In my opinion, the chin strap is a reproduction. Look at the way the strap bulges out where the M91 fittings are...typical of a modern replacement. In addition....the sharply squared thick buckles, not the slim rounded ones found on originals. Great kokarden though and an excellent purchase.

Great filzhaube James! =D>
I've never seen one with the marked support disk inside either, that's fantastic! :bravo:

All the Best,

Alan

First time I see this too. Nice!
It is also interesting to see a felt helmet dated 1914 (although the helmet itself may have been posterior).

I really would like to know more about the different manufacturers who used to work in the aera of Luckenwalde... :-k

Well I finally got to updating parts of the website. We actually had this. However, your picture is much much better. :-" :-"

Back