Bavarian light cavalry officer's saber

cptbob

This is a display I made to show off this Bavarian light cavalry officer's saber. A cool cross between a lionhead saber and the KD89, it was carried by officers of the Bavarian Uhlans and Chevaulegers. Shown with a Bavarian cavalry officer's portepee. The photos are of Bavarian Uhlan officers and some Chevaulegers in the field. I think you can see examples of this type of saber in all of them. Also, some Bavarian cavalry officers shoulder straps and a Bavarian officer's interim sword that has a nice lion on the handle.
IMG_1741_50.jpgIMG_1745_50.jpgIMG_1746_50.jpgIMG_1747_50.jpgIMG_1748_50.jpgIMG_1749_25.jpgIMG_1750_50.jpg

A wonderful Bavarian sword display! I love it.

The older WK&C catalog shows both Bavarian swords and the lion hilt pommel sword was offered with a fixed or folding guard. The Pallasch is shown in the early and later WKC catalogs with either plain or chiseled fittings. Yours is very neat with the lion chiseled on the backstrap/pommel. I think I see the WK&C logo on the lion head sword but I can't make out the maker on the Pallasch.

Thank you gentlemen! The lionhead is a WKC, sadly the other one does not have a makers mark.

This is a display I made to show off this Bavarian light cavalry officer's saber. A cool cross between a lionhead saber and the KD89, it was carried by officers of the Bavarian Uhlans and Chevaulegers. Shown with a Bavarian cavalry officer's portepee. The photos are of Bavarian Uhlan officers and some Chevaulegers in the field. I think you can see examples of this type of saber in all of them. Also, some Bavarian cavalry officers shoulder straps and a Bavarian officer's interim sword that has a nice lion on the handle.
View attachment 28747View attachment 28748View attachment 28749View attachment 28750View attachment 28751View attachment 28752View attachment 28753
Exceptional display, Bob. And stunning pieces also.

View attachment 28747View attachment 28748View attachment 28749View attachment 28750View attachment 28751View attachment 28752View attachment 28753
Great display
Did you buy it that way ?
Or did you put it together ?
Thanks
Steve

Back