Bavarian Regimental Shooting Prize

Liongules

I just received this beautiful 5th place shooting prize to an Infantrist Hirner of the 11th company of Kgl. Bayer. 20. Infanterie-Regiment Prinz Rupprecht in 1910 (photos from the seller).

bavarianstein1df4.jpg

bavarianstein2gx0.jpg

bavarianstein3pe4.jpg

I love these things. That is a beautiful Krug. Do you have a Bayern Haube to display beside it? Or a shoulder strap? Or, (in my world) both?

Tony & Kaiser said:
I love these things. That is a beautiful Krug. Do you have a Bayern Haube to display beside it? Or a shoulder strap? Or, (in my world) both?

Gee, Tony, I wish! I only own two other Bayern items, a miniature 3-medal bar that has a BVK3 w/crown & swords and a full size single, un-mounted, BVK3 w/crown & swords. I'm afraid Hauben are out of my price range, but I hadn't thought of a shoulder strap, perhaps I'll try to get one to go with the Krug and medals.

By the way, I bought the krug from a dealer you recommended, Advance Guard Militaria. He was very nice, easy to work with, and I love that he will allow layaway!

Hey Mike,
I would also recomend Jeff and AGM too. and do not forget AGMOhio and Bill, these good people also help bring us the SOS in Louisville KY in Feb.
Gus

Gustaf said:
Hey Mike,
I would also recomend Jeff and AGM too. and do not forget AGMOhio and Bill, these good people also help bring us the SOS in Louisville KY in Feb.
Gus
Thanks, Gus. Some time ago Tony mentioned AGM in a thread as being a good dealer. I went to the site and saw that Krug and fell in LOVE! Unfortunately I didn't have the extra money at that time to buy it and I was a bit timid about asking about layaway. Then it vanished from the catalog and I thought it'd been sold. A week or two later it re-appeared and I just couldn't let it go so I sent Jeff an e-mail offering a payment plan and he e-mailed me right back and said okay.

It's a very beautiful piece.

I love these -- reservist1 has taught me a great deal. The thing I like the most is his one that has a mechanical guard outfit. After that I like the glass mugs like this. He says they are less sought-after by collectors but I absolutely absolutely absolutely love them. I preferred the ones with the helmet tops but the ones with the engraving like yours are just so cool. I can see how reservist1 now has a house full of these!

joerookery said:
I preferred the ones with the helmet tops but the ones with the engraving like yours are just so cool.

Joe,

Another hobby/interest of mine is heraldry. The main reason I fell in love with this Krug was the royal Bavarian coat of arms on the lid! Another reason was the little lion sitting on the handle.

I love the Heraldry and royalty also. I have added a bunch of pictures of royalty to my map and now I have lost all the files! If number two son ever wakes up... the problem I have is too many interests! But items like yours keep the interest very high.

Back